PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Evenflo???

BabbyO
09-01-2010, 05:04 PM
So I was at the sitters last night trying to install the EFTA RF in her Dodge Caravan. I have the exact same thing in my corolla and I had already installed it. I was trying to be quick so that I don't take away from her family time. And I get it in...and you CAN NOT access the harness release. AGGG!!! It works on my seat because it is a bench, but in the Caravan DS is in a bucket seat. Putting him all the way in the back on the bench would be a big PITA for her. So now that I've spent 45 min wrestling to try to get it to work we are right back at square one.

Today we are installing the MA that was purchased because it was the only seat that fit behind DH's seat (we're trying to think ahead to when we have 2 LO's in daddy's car and we know the infant seat doesn't fit behind DH). Arrrgggg. It really doesn't matter right now because we have seats that will work in each car...but we're going to have to buy another seat when LO 2 comes so the MA can be moved back to DH's car.

I can't believe that Evenflo didn't think of this when they put that silly release/dial thing that tightens and releases the harness where they did. I can't imagine that it ever works when installed on a bucket seat. Its hard enough to convince people that DS should be RF even though he's over 1 without the seat manufacturers making it seem like the seat is "supposed" to be FF. DH's first comment...why don't we just turn him FF...he's over the weight and age limit. I threatened to make him watch the video he refused to watch (because it was too heartbreaking) with a 2 yr old that was FF and ended up with a broken spine while FF in his car seat. At least DH understood that!

Ok...I feel a little better now...