PDA

View Full Version : How does this eggplant dish sound?

Fairy
09-01-2010, 08:07 PM
I have some mini eggplants. I can't bread anytihng. boring. So, I made this up. What do you think?

olive oil in the pan
thin cut slices of eggplant
seasoned with salt, lemon pepper, paprika, and onion powder

That's it. Grill them on each side till they seem ... done. Whaddya think?

wellyes
09-01-2010, 08:18 PM
I do that but roast in the oven instead. Since it's so hot I'm sure grilling is worth a shot.

Fairy
09-01-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm int he middle of it now. It's really salty, so I layed off the salt for the last batch. But basically a success. more or less. which is a win for me!

Smillow
09-01-2010, 08:41 PM
I do that but roast in the oven instead. Since it's so hot I'm sure grilling is worth a shot.
:yeahthat: I use the broiler!

lovebebes
09-01-2010, 11:28 PM
i make a similar eggplant dish very often!

i chop them up and heat olive oil in a pan, then dump them in, cook them on a relatively high flame-at some point i cover them for a few minutes so they cook through-then at the end cook uncovered again, and throw in some chopped garlic. at the very end i also add cilantro-lots of it, since i love it.

you could also-and this may sound strange, but its so good, just try with a small portion-at the end, once you turn off flame-mix some sour cream in there. yum.

ps during cooking eggplants do absorb a lot of oil, so i always make sure to do it with olive oil only and add some here and there as you go

DrSally
09-02-2010, 12:06 AM
I usually roast in the oven and toss with pasta. Yummy.

Fairy
09-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Honestly, I didn't love it. I think I'm gonna try to make Eggplant chips next time. Maybe this same thing as you guys basically are doing, only very very finely sliced and baked int he oven.