PDA

View Full Version : ERGOs will be on Babysteals tomorrow 9/2

DebbieJ
09-01-2010, 08:42 PM
The ERGO FB page is hinting that the carriers will be on Babysteals again tomorrow.

So if you're in the market, you better stalk the site tomorrow morning!

Carrots
09-01-2010, 10:42 PM
:barf: I just bought one last week for full price because I was in an "I Need It Now" situation. I knew as soon as I bought one, they would turn up on a deal of the day site.

The good news is I LOVE my Ergo and DD K loves it too.

sunnyside
09-01-2010, 10:47 PM
How many pounds should your baby be for the ergo? I have one but have been using my sling and wrap instead.

emilykate
09-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I started using it with my girl at about 12 lbs. We didn't use the infant insert. She's pretty strong so she didn't need it. And she LOVES the Ergo. It's such a good purchase!

DebbieJ
09-02-2010, 12:49 AM
How many pounds should your baby be for the ergo? I have one but have been using my sling and wrap instead.

Check the specs on ERGO's website. I didn't get mine til DS2 was older and weighed more, so I don't know the lower weight limit.

citymama
09-02-2010, 03:13 AM

The Ergo is really intended for 5-6 months and up. It's not a weight thing as much as a head control thing. That said, the Ergo was the single best baby purchase we made with DD1. I got my $100 worth many times over - we used it every day until she was just over 2.

WatchingThemGrow
09-02-2010, 06:53 AM
I used it from birth with two boys- one 8 lbs in the infant insert, and one 9 lbs without the insert. We use it all.the.time. and keep it nearby for the most random situations. Today, the wild 2yo will be on my back at the Nordstrom Rack grand opening while the other two DC will be in the BJCMD.

sewarsh
09-02-2010, 07:26 AM
Today, the wild 2yo will be on my back at the Nordstrom Rack grand opening while the other two DC will be in the BJCMD.

OMG! You are BRAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My DS stopped using Ergo about 16 months old. Just prefered to sit in stroller at that time.

But that could've been user-fault. I never truly got how to put him on my back with the Ergo and I was too afraid to "practice" by myself.

babybell
09-02-2010, 11:04 AM
They're up! $70.xx +s/h. Only have embroidered ones. For me it's over $80 w/ shipping. Not sure it's worth it.

Jenn850
09-02-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure it is worth it too... I was thinking it would be ~50% off for the plain one. I would rather have a plain one so maybe I should spend the little extra money and get what I want...

Does anyone know of a deal on a plain one?

lovebebes
09-02-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm not sure it is worth it too... I was thinking it would be ~50% off for the plain one. I would rather have a plain one so maybe I should spend the little extra money and get what I want...

:yeahthat:

marymoo86
09-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Same here - just want a plain one. I have seen these patterns on babysteals or maybe it was mamabargains before. Guess they can't sell them at regular price.

DebbieJ
09-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Well, they're sold out now, but I have the black one and really like it!

Carrots
09-02-2010, 03:50 PM
:barf: I just bought one last week for full price because I was in an "I Need It Now" situation. I knew as soon as I bought one, they would turn up on a deal of the day site.

The good news is I LOVE my Ergo and DD K loves it too.

I checked them out this morning and am happy I didn't wait. I have the plain black one with the tan hood. The ones on Babysteals are NMS.

firstbaby
09-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Does anyone have the black one with the embriodery? We had our hs group this morning so I wasn't at the computer. I told DH to order whichever one he liked better and he ordered the black one. It looks very pretty but am bummed it doesn't have the pocket. Will I miss it? Is the embroidery beautiful in person? I probably would have picked the blue, but hopefully will love the black...

DebbieJ
09-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Does anyone have the black one with the embriodery? We had our hs group this morning so I wasn't at the computer. I told DH to order whichever one he liked better and he ordered the black one. It looks very pretty but am bummed it doesn't have the pocket. Will I miss it? Is the embroidery beautiful in person? I probably would have picked the blue, but hopefully will love the black...

The black one is GORGEOUS. I have it and get lots of compliments.

louisaho
09-02-2010, 05:35 PM
I have the black one too and have gotten compliments on it. The embroidery looks really pretty in person. I always have my diaper bag with me so I don't miss the pocket function.

poohbear
09-02-2010, 08:19 PM

ERGO is like baby jogger and BOB - they are excluded from most coupons. That said, sometimes you can get lucky - I was able to use a 20% off buy buy baby coupon for mine. The diapers.com coupon code that everyone was using the last two days (but that is now expired) for 15% off worked on ERGO as well. A first time diapers.com referral code will also work. FWIW - I bought my friend the embroidered one and she LOVES it. I think it's actually way nicer looking in person. You can get a pouch for it (they had them on babysteals). I sometimes use the pocket on mine (black with tan), but it doesn't hold more than maybe a binky or keys, so I wouldn't worry too much about the loss of it...
HTH!