PDA

View Full Version : Is Skip hop pronto big enough for a toddler?

bw52
09-01-2010, 08:43 PM
How long is it? Anyone know the measurement? Lo is 14 months and I want one that will be big enough for her until potty trained, if that's possible.

swissair81
09-01-2010, 09:41 PM
skip hop says it's 21.5" x 21.5"

bw52
09-02-2010, 11:12 AM
It's that wide, but is that the length too?

WatchingThemGrow
09-02-2010, 11:16 AM
You know that it only holds diapers and wipes, right? it isn't an actual bag. It is a changing pad.

liamsmom
09-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't use it as my do-all diaper bag. It's great to keep in the car for backup supplies, especially on road trips if you don't want to haul out the over-packed diaper bag just to change a diaper. I usually throw mine in the stroller when I'm at the mall because it's perfect for emergency diaper changes.

bw52
09-02-2010, 05:21 PM
I know it's not a bag. I'm looking for something like this to easily grab from inside my bag when I don't want to lug the whole thing with me into the bathroom--and have a changing pad that LO fits on.

Anyone know if this is 21.5'' long? Is it just a square (well, with the corners cut out obviously).

joules
09-02-2010, 05:42 PM
I was at BRU yesterday and saw the Pronto. I'm not sure how big your bag is or how much you carry in it, but I have the SkipHop Studio bag and I remember looking at the Pronto and thinking that there is no way I could put the Pronto in there. I guess I could but there wouldnt be much room for anything else (toys, bottles, extra change of clothes, etc...). My LO is 6 months now.

The amazon pic here shows the Pronto on a mom's arm:
http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Pronto-Changer-Diaper/dp/B000F1SCJK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1283463640&sr=8-1

WatchingThemGrow
09-02-2010, 11:24 PM
No, it is not just a square. the mat part is rectangular, but then there are the two unzippable sections to hold the wipes and diapers. i would not think that if fits inside any other bag. It's more something you throw under the stroller when you stick your drink and stacks on the stroller.

swissair81
09-03-2010, 03:44 AM
There are 2 fold in flaps on the sides. The measurement is with those unfolded.

liamsmom
09-05-2010, 12:31 PM
I know it's not a bag. I'm looking for something like this to easily grab from inside my bag when I don't want to lug the whole thing with me into the bathroom--and have a changing pad that LO fits on.

Anyone know if this is 21.5'' long? Is it just a square (well, with the corners cut out obviously).

Lol, I'm sorry bw52. I misunderstood. I originally thought the same thing--that the Pronto could be a diaper bag within a diaper bag, but I've decided it works best as its own thing. You might feel differently--and of course it depends on what kind of bag you carry. I found the Pronto added extra weight to my bag which weighed more than just carrying diapers, wipes and a changing pad with the regular bag. KWIM? I like using the Pronto as a "complement" to a large purse, however, which holds my stuff and some other baby items like toys, snacks, etc.

Here's some pics of the Pronto and the changing pad. The Pronto changing pad is *just* a little smaller than a regular Skip Hop changing pad, but with the added wings on the sides.
http://picasaweb.google.com/115010489068922310091/DiaperBags?authkey=Gv1sRgCPS1-MiBuL2mMQ#

aajamu
09-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Both my kids outgrew the SH (and FV and other brand) changing pads at around 12 months. Most are about 20-21" in length.

A good size for toddlers is more like 26-27". I don't know why longer changing pads are not included with most bags (would it kill them to make them longer!!??), it is highly annoying.

poohbear
09-07-2010, 06:21 PM
What about the SH saddle bag that they have on gilt for $13 right now?