PDA

View Full Version : post partum weight loss!!

prats
09-02-2010, 12:01 PM
I am thinking of starting workout now that i have completed six weeks......does anyone have any advice on what exercises to do, any books to refer, how to start initially..........

MoJo
09-02-2010, 01:17 PM
No advice, but I was thinking of asking a similar question.

I'm twelve weeks postpartum, am embarrassed to admit I've lost 35 pounds since DD#2 was born without trying (I didn't lose that much at 17 MONTHS pp with #1), and am equally embarrassed to admit my belly still sticks out past my larger-than-normal (for me) breasts.

I REALLY need some great exercises to help pull the tummy back in, but it has to be something that won't kill my back. I had my labor in my back and it still hurts a lot. . . although at this point, I'm wondering if trying to carry this belly is part of why my back still hurts.

I still need to lose another 20-30 lbs, but I'm not pursuing that at this point since I'm losing without trying and would rather NOT lose so fast, since I'm nursing.

mskitty
09-02-2010, 11:15 PM
No advice, but I was thinking of asking a similar question.

I'm twelve weeks postpartum, am embarrassed to admit I've lost 35 pounds since DD#2 was born without trying (I didn't lose that much at 17 MONTHS pp with #1), and am equally embarrassed to admit my belly still sticks out past my larger-than-normal (for me) breasts.

I REALLY need some great exercises to help pull the tummy back in, but it has to be something that won't kill my back. I had my labor in my back and it still hurts a lot. . . although at this point, I'm wondering if trying to carry this belly is part of why my back still hurts.

I still need to lose another 20-30 lbs, but I'm not pursuing that at this point since I'm losing without trying and would rather NOT lose so fast, since I'm nursing.

If your back still hurts, you may want to consider doing a couple sessions of physical therapy. I had some back soreness that wouldn't go away (especially when trying to lift the car seat/baby) after my C-section. 4 weeks of PT really helped to get things back functioning properly. It was kind of like having a very knowledgable personal trainer. Then I was able to ease back into walking, stretching and light weight work.

mskitty