PDA

View Full Version : Another "what to wear" question- Breakfast w/princesses

LarsMal
09-02-2010, 04:20 PM
I figure DD will want to wear one of her fairy or princess costumes to the breakfast, but I don't know what I should wear. We're heading to WDW at the end of October with the ILs. I made reservations for MIL, the girls and me for breakfast with the princesses. We will be spending the rest of the day in the park, though, so I'm not sure how to dress.

DH's cousin had posted some pics from their princess dining experience and they were all decked out. I think they did dinner, though. I guess I could wear a dress and then change into something more comfortable...

Help!!!

elektra
09-02-2010, 04:26 PM
I have only done the princess lunch at DL and not WDW, but I would not bring a change of clothes. It's really not necesssary IMO. I would just wear whatever comfortable clothes you have on.

LarsMal
09-02-2010, 04:38 PM
I just pulled up the website and the parents in the picture are in "regular" clothes and their girls are dressed up. That works for me! DD will probably want to change out of her princess stuff, but that's easy enough to do.

Now on to other things to stress about!

elektra
09-02-2010, 04:40 PM
I just pulled up the website and the parents in the picture are in "regular" clothes and their girls are dressed up. That works for me! DD will probably want to change out of her princess stuff, but that's easy enough to do.

Now on to other things to stress about!

Last time we went, my DD kept her Cinderella dress on the whole time, even though it was blazing hot. So I would still bring a change of clothes but M may want to keep hers on too!

Do they make adult sizes princess outfits? You could always go that route for yourself too. LOL!

Seriously though- I saw no adult dressed up at all that I remember.

Octobermommy
09-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Another vote for regular clothes. I would bring a change for dd but she might want to stay dressed up all day. My dd did.

If she is dressing up like Cinderella try to get a black ribbon to safety pin around her neck for an authentic look. All the Cinderellas commented on it because most girls wear silver necklaces. If she likes the extra attention that is.

hillview
09-02-2010, 08:07 PM
We wore our regular clothes. There are some more fancy folks there but not majority.
/hillary

hlphillips2
09-03-2010, 08:28 AM
I hadn't even thought of this! Thanks for the question!
And I like the Cinderella black ribbon idea too, though DD may decide to wear a different dress at the last minute :wink2:

Puddy73
09-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Last time we went, my DD kept her Cinderella dress on the whole time, even though it was blazing hot. So I would still bring a change of clothes but M may want to keep hers on too!

Do they make adult sizes princess outfits? You could always go that route for yourself too. LOL!

Seriously though- I saw no adult dressed up at all that I remember.

DD wore her dress all day, too. The cast members all greeted her as "Princess" and she loved it! I'm pretty sure that adults are not allowed to wear costumes at WDW, so you have a good reason to just wear something comfortable.

LarsMal
09-03-2010, 03:48 PM
If she likes the extra attention that is.

M...extra attention...not her! ;)

Thanks for the ribbon idea. Who knows what she'll want to wear that day. I better bring a couple options!

klwa
09-07-2010, 06:53 AM
We did supper at Akershus in '08. I dressed DS in a knight costume, and everyone else, including my nieces (And I had TOLD their mom it would be sute to get pics of them in their princess dresses, and she later commented that she wished she had listened.....) just wore whatever we happened to be wearing in the parks that day. I'd say 90% of the adults in their were just wearing normal park clothes.