PDA

View Full Version : why are nature babycare diapers so much more $$ on amazon than target?!

lovebebes
09-03-2010, 12:20 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Nature-Babycare-Eco-Friendly-Diapers-176-Count/dp/B001EWDPO6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1283487332&sr=8-2

http://www.target.com/Nature-Babycare-Diapers-4pk-Size/dp/B001J1K6OY/ref=sc_qi_detaillink

even with the S&S special on Amazon right now, Target still comes out on top aaaand Target's running a special- buy 2 packs get $10 off and free shipping over $50.

hmmm...

citymama
09-03-2010, 12:40 AM
They're not. Your amazon link is thru an external vendor. I just bought that same size of NCB diapers last night on amazon and got a smokin deal. They were listed at $43.99 on amazon. With the 30% off S&S they came to $30.79. And I was able to stack 2 of the Parents magazine 20% off codes to pay a total of $13 and change for a giant box of NCB diapers, shipped!

So even w/o those codes, you should be paying $30 and change using S&S.

http://www.amazon.com/Nature-Babycare-Eco-Friendly-Chlorine-Free-Frustration-Free/dp/B002UKOWE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1283496455&sr=1-1

I am noticing a trend here, lovebebes - we seem to like the same things!

lovebebes
09-03-2010, 12:47 AM
whew! thx citymama!

see, i knew i was losing it. lol. i need someone to clarify. you know, this could very well be a sign of too much pregnancy induced mad shopping research.

citymama
09-03-2010, 01:14 AM
When are you due? Glad I could help!;)

lovebebes
09-03-2010, 08:51 PM
:thumbsup:thx!

I will be induced around Oct. 25.

By the way, my EB diapers came today (the wipes have not yet) and you know, based on just first impression, I definitely like EB more than Nature Babycare. NB feels a bit more papery, EB feels a bit more soft and cloth like.

the newborn EB size (up to 10lbs package says) is much smaller than Nature Babycare size 1 (8-14 lbs).

Do you want to help out some more? lol. I need to figure out how many diapers to stock up on, and I am so lost. So far I bought the big package of EB (160 diapers total), in size newborn, which goes up to 10 lbs. Im expecting the baby will be in a low 7lbs range:loveeyes::love-retry:. I cant believe how much I dont remember how many diapers they go through and this is my third baby!
Aside from the 160 EB diapers I have a small package of NatureBabycare (around 40 dipes), in size 1, 8-14 lbs.
I do need to order something else since I have my 20% codes...

citymama
09-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Sure - I just went thru this since my younger one is a almost 4 months. She was 6 lb at birth. We got a box of maybe 150 NB dipes and came home from the hosp with about 50 sz NBs - more than enough. We used 2 boxes of the sz 1 and we are now halfway thru our first box of sz 2. I have another full box of 2s. I have ordered 2 boxes of sz 3s and waiting to see if DD2 will need another in sz 2 or be ready to move to sz 3 at the end of the month when the 2s are done. She's probably about 14 lbs? I hear NCB runs small so maybe we move to those next and then she'll be in EB.

So in your shoes I'd buy one full boxof sz 1 andmaybe 1 of sz 2 if u want to stock up.

lovebebes
09-04-2010, 11:18 AM
I figured you would be the right person to ask :)

thank you, I was so not sure if to get anymore newborn size...but sounds like I need to be stocking up on size 1. Now, when you say you used two boxes of size one-how big of boxes?

EB wipes came yesterday, I just opened them today and tried one on myself. It did not feel overly wet to me, just perfect. I wiped my hands thoroughly and it left no yucky smell. Some wipes to me have a yuck smell I cant stand... And one other thing-normally if i wiped my hands with a wipe or anything wet, Id want to put some moisturizer on them afterwards as I hate the feel of dry skin I get from that sort of wiping. I just realized right now that my hands do not feel dry after the EB wipe down :)

I look forward to your reviews of the EB stuff!

And so jealous (in a good way) that you already have your bebe to snuggle!

kristabelle
09-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Just wanted to give you my feedback on the EB wipes. We used them for over a year, but I gave up on them. These are the issues I had:

- some of them stick together in such a way that you have to almost rip them apart, and I always had two stuck together when I had my hands full with a wiggly baby and a big mess.

- a few times, I'd open a package, and they smelled bad. After I switched to Nature Babycare (which I didn't like for different reasons), I left a half-used package of EB in a cupboard downstairs for a changing area I didn't use often. It was down there for a couple of months. When I opened it to use one, the smell was so rancid, I had to throw the pack away. Seriously, it was nauseating. I don't know why some of them were smelly. Perhaps they have a shelf life after opening, and if so, it's good to tell you that :)

I hope you have better results. Congratulations on your almost-here bundle of joy :)

citymama
09-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Yuck, that sounds awful! I'll make sure not to stock up. My box of 12 packets of EB wipes arrived yesterday and we've used them for 3 dipe changes. So far, so good. We dunk our wipes in water each time so smell, dryness, soapiness are rarely issues for us but funky smell would turn me off too. I've used one packet of NCB wipes once and liked them well enough.

AnnieW625
09-04-2010, 07:28 PM
just wanted to add that I have noticed with wipes in the packages (not the ones you put in the boxes) that by the end of the wipe package they are way more moist. I found it to be worse with the BRUS than the Costco wipes we are now using.

lovebebes
09-05-2010, 02:57 AM
thx everyone for all your feedback!