PDA

View Full Version : Bruising in groin area

PHBrow
09-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Hello - I'm currently at 32 weeks of my first pregnancy. About a week ago I noticed a large purple bruise (with some broken veins included) in my left groin area. The bruise is right in the fold of where my leg meets the bottom of my bikini. This is the area where I sometimes feel round ligament pain the mornings.

Has anyone else experienced this? The bruise is kind of large (almost the size of my fist) and I wonder if this is normal or something I should have checked out. It isn't painful...I didn't even know it was there until I saw it when dressing in front of a mirror (b/c God knows I can't see down there on my own these days!)

daisymommy
09-03-2010, 05:38 PM
My guess is it's a varicose vein, quite common towards the end of pregnancy...in all kinds of places ;)

PHBrow
09-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Thank you for the reply. I hope that's all it is! I haven't encountered anyone else who has had this specifically (but I have talked to others who have had bruising and/or broken veins in a number of places). I plan to ask my OB about it tomorrow just to be safe.