PDA

View Full Version : Lego Harry Potter!!!!

cilantromapuche
09-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I think I am going to buy them all because I am addicted to LEGO and for the first time, both chidlren are into Lego and Harry Potter. DS wants it all and DD just wants Hermione.

Dream
09-03-2010, 12:48 PM
I love Harry Potter and Lego but unfortunately DD's still not interested, she's 2 and don't have the patience to sit in one place for more than a minute or two. I'm still trying to get her interested as I always imagined sharing my love of some of the things with DC but no luck here.

SnuggleBuggles
09-03-2010, 12:51 PM
I have the castle in my cart right now but I don't know if I can justify it. Ds1 doesn't love HP as much as I do (yet??). I still want it. :)

Beth

LBW
09-03-2010, 12:56 PM
I have it all in my cart, too, and I'm sorely tempted to hit the order now button. At the very least, I'm getting Hogwarts.

cilantromapuche
09-03-2010, 04:06 PM
the thing is LEGO has me pegged because they only release them for a while. If i had paid more attention before I had kids (and had guessed their interests) I would have bought the batman, superhero, etc. When DS got into HP, I was sad that we missed the prior lego sets and was thrilled when they announced these.
The thing is if he doesn't like whatever I have stored, they retain their value very well for resale value, NIB.

katydid1971
09-03-2010, 05:59 PM
I love Harry Potter and Lego but unfortunately DD's still not interested, she's 2 and don't have the patience to sit in one place for more than a minute or two. I'm still trying to get her interested as I always imagined sharing my love of some of the things with DC but no luck here.

DS had no interest in Legos/Duplos at that age and I though he wouldn't be a lego kid. Well at 5 he is a lego maniac!!! He loves all things lego and goes down the lego isle saying "I want that and that and that...for Christmas" Your lego time will come ;)

Corie
09-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Where are you buying your Lego Harry Potter sets? Are you buying
them from Lego?

I didn't know they were out yet!!

Momof3Labs
09-03-2010, 09:47 PM

She's too young. My kids didn't get interested until at least 4yo, but even then they'd get frustrated when they broke. It was more like 5-6yo before Legos took off here.

SnuggleBuggles
09-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Where are you buying your Lego Harry Potter sets? Are you buying
them from Lego?

I didn't know they were out yet!!

Lego.com shows a Oct. release date but you can preorder now.

Beth

cilantromapuche
09-04-2010, 07:43 AM
I just get them from the LEGO website. I live in the boonies, so it beats driving an hour to the nearest place that carries them to see if they are in stock. DD (4) wants Hermione and she is starting to get upset because DS is hoarding his lego and she wants to build more and doesn't have the supply he does.
Our children loved the Duplo blocks but I agree that 5 is when the light really went on. We don't do TV or Wii or DS, so this is the thing that DS's peers are all into that he can relate.

katydid1971
09-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Stupid question but, are you going to mix these in with your regular lego collection or are you going to keep it separate? We're new to this lego addiction thing (My name is Katydid1971 and I am a Lego addict.) and I don't know how to treat special sets like these (we only have city and basic legos so far).

cilantromapuche
09-04-2010, 10:32 PM
we mix them all. I keep a big underbed storage with a dustpan and mix it all together when putting things away. things get displayed for a while but then they break apart but get put back in creative ways. DS and DD also mix the figures with their blocks and other toys in play. welcome to my addiction!
DS also has the same storage but since she is 3 years younger complains that she doesn't have as many. I am doing my best to remedy that.

SnuggleBuggles
09-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Stupid question but, are you going to mix these in with your regular lego collection or are you going to keep it separate? We're new to this lego addiction thing (My name is Katydid1971 and I am a Lego addict.) and I don't know how to treat special sets like these (we only have city and basic legos so far).

I have a rule about how long the sets have to stay together based on how long they took to make and how expensive they were. The more $$ and the longer they took to build means they have to stay together longer. We have shelves and other areas reserved for them. After X amount of time the pieces can co-mingle but we always keep the directions.

Beth

cilantromapuche
09-05-2010, 08:33 AM
I do keep the instructions, although they are all online. we have put things back together again later.

egoldber
09-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Is there a way to just buy the figures?

katydid1971
09-05-2010, 02:18 PM
I do keep the instructions, although they are all online. we have put things back together again later.
Can you get the instructions for retired sets online too? Where? How?

SnuggleBuggles
09-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Can you get the instructions for retired sets online too? Where? How?

I don't think it'd be easy. I just experimented to find a manual for an older Aquaraider set and the product line came up but no instructions. Maybe I didn't look in the right place? But, even if not I don't know how you'd find the manuals unless you remember exact product name. I find it easier to just keep the books.

Beth

SnuggleBuggles
09-06-2010, 10:11 PM
I just bought Hogwarts. Ds1 was super excited when he caught a glimpse of it. I think it will be his main Christmas present (and mine too ;)).

Beth

Uno-Mom
09-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm SO jealous ... is 9 months too young for these sets??? :)

I can't WAIT for dd to be ready for regular legos.

Dream
09-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm SO jealous ... is 9 months too young for these sets??? :)

I can't WAIT for dd to be ready for regular legos.

I hope these sets will still be around by the time our DDs become interested!!

Dream
09-07-2010, 12:44 PM
I was searching on amazon and saw Lego Harry Potter listed. Even a Hogwarts castle at $529.xx

Anyone seen these?

SnuggleBuggles
09-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Never, ever buy from a 3rd party Amazon vendor w/o double checking the price! I always verify prices on the manufacturer website for Legos and a whole lot of other products. lego.com lists Hogwarts for $129. There are so many shady Amazon vendors. I really hate that.

Oh, you know what that probably is? It's the old Hogwarts' castle. There was one a few years ago and it's been discontinued- hence the crazy jacked up price. That would explain how they are selling it now when the new one doesn't come out till October.

Beth

egoldber
09-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Yes there have been many previous Harry Potter Lego sets. I remember seeing that castle in the Lego store.

I have to say I really regret not buying the figures when they were available previously. Hence my interest in the fidgures now. ;)

Dream
09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Never, ever buy from a 3rd party Amazon vendor w/o double checking the price! I always verify prices on the manufacturer website for Legos and a whole lot of other products. lego.com lists Hogwarts for $129. There are so many shady Amazon vendors. I really hate that.

Oh, you know what that probably is? It's the old Hogwarts' castle. There was one a few years ago and it's been discontinued- hence the crazy jacked up price. That would explain how they are selling it now when the new one doesn't come out till October.

Beth

That could be it, the castle did look different.

Will they still be around in another 2 years or so? Or should I buy it to hold on to. Even at $129 its not cheap.

Corie
09-08-2010, 09:11 AM
but we always keep the directions.

Definitely!! We have a small rubbermaid tote dedicated to the Lego/Playmobil
directions.

Corie
09-08-2010, 09:14 AM

Will they still be around in another 2 years or so? Or should I buy it to hold on to. Even at $129 its not cheap.

I'd buy it now and hang onto it. I think more Harry Potter lego sets are being
released due to the timing of the movie coming out.

SnuggleBuggles
09-08-2010, 10:14 AM

No, sets turn over quicker than 2 years. If you love a Lego set it's best not to wait! Otherwise you could end up paying Ebay/ Amazon prices!

Beth

Dream
09-27-2010, 02:32 PM
So anyone else ordered the new Harry Potter sets? I know some are holding off till October because of double VIP points?? How does that work? I hope their won't be a quick sellout.

cilantromapuche
09-27-2010, 03:51 PM
I did, but am holding them for Christmas. I did stay up late drooling at the boxes (because it came the other day)!. It looks like awesomeness. I think the castle and hagrids hut are going to be faves. I am going to give them the little sets between now and then to keep them happy.

alien_host
09-27-2010, 04:39 PM
So anyone else ordered the new Harry Potter sets? I know some are holding off till October because of double VIP points?? How does that work? I hope their won't be a quick sellout.

I think if you get them Oct 1st you *should* be OK. Lego sometimes offers free shipping over X amount ($75?) so you could even order on-line and get VIP points as well.

VIP is a frequent buyers or "Lego addict" program ;). You earn 1 point for each $1 spent. For every 100 points you spend they give you $5 off on a purchase (you can spend at once or save up). In October for every $ you spend they credit double the points.

It's a good thing I'm not that interested in harry potter (gasp) or I'd be in trouble...don't ask why I clicked this thread but all things Lego interest me :)

cilantromapuche
09-28-2010, 06:22 AM
ha ha, watch it. In 2 years, you will think "why didn't I buy those Harry Potter Lego"? that is what happens to me. now i just buy and think i can sell later if it doesn't appeal to me. I have a stash. others have wine, cloth diapers, clothes, etc. I have Lego.

Dream
09-28-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm planning on ordering on Oct 1st. but only the castle and maybe the borrow.

LBW
10-01-2010, 05:01 PM
New set!
Diagon Alley!

They posted it today:

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10217&cn=672&d=342

Looks like it's not available for order yet. A good thing since I just ordered the castle, the burrow, and hogwarts express this morning.

Corie
10-01-2010, 10:04 PM
I went to the Lego store today (October 1st) and I bought all 6 Harry Potter
sets.

I was only going to buy 3 of the sets but then I got scared that these sets
would go out of stock and I'd never see them again!!