PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy Country Save detergent?

dukie41181
09-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Looking for recommendations on where to buy it to get a good deal. Anything would be nice...discount, free shipping, etc.

Thanks!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
09-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Amazon is my go to place for it w/ S&S. I have buying Biokleen liquid at a B&M store on sale, so I haven't bought it for awhile.

twowhat?
09-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Another vote for Amazon. One order of 4 boxes of Country Save lasted our family 18 months, 4 of which we were cloth-diapering. We have HE machines though so that makes a difference.

A money-saving tip that I learned from CD boards - use about half the recommended amount of detergent for regular loads of laundry (especially if you're using HE machines). We found the clothes got just as clean. It took a while to get used to putting less than a tablespoon of powder in the machine but the clothes definitely came out just as clean. And we're talking baby laundry here (though food and milk stains still need Oxyclean or some other stain treatment). For CDs, we'd use the full amount in a hot cycle, then do a full cold cycle with no detergent.

BayGirl2
09-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Not sure where you are located but I got it at a local B&M natural foods grocery store. (Berkeley Bowl in CA.) Don't remember the exact price but it was less than $10 and has lasted for over 14 months of cloth diapers.

dukie41181
09-03-2010, 03:59 PM
For those of you using the Country Save to wash cloth diapers, are you using the powder or the liquid?

Thanks!

aa2mama
09-03-2010, 04:50 PM
I ordered it through Amazon, free shipping + S&S is an additional 15% off, I think.

I don't CD, but somewhere I know I read that the powdered version is recommended for CDing.