PDA

View Full Version : Philips Avent BPA Free ISIS iQ Duo Twin Electric Breast

peggy_morrison
09-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Hi- I am in the market for a breast pump. I know that most prefer the Medela and I did some reading and I think I like the Avent one.

Anyone using this and can comment on what they like/dislike? Thanks.

staceyeileen
09-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Yes, I love it! I put a full review on Amazon, who also happens to have the best price around right now. Here is my review:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Avent-Electric-Breast-White/product-reviews/B001FSL3NO/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R11YAUZ9CVHUTE

I switched over to it from an Ameda Purely Yours. I think that most people use Medela because it is the most widely available pump on the market and heavily marketed. You can buy it in local stores, whereas some others are only available online. I'm sure it's a great pump, but there are definitely other great options out there. My friend switched to the Avent from the Medela (based partly on my recommendation) when she started having some supply issues pumping at work. She much prefers the Avent pump over the Medela.

michellerw
09-04-2010, 01:30 PM
I have one too and I love it. I could have sworn I had written an Amazon review as well, but I guess I didn't.

The only drawback of the pump is it doesn't have multiple shield sizes. But, if you find you need something other than the standard 24mm shield, you can get shields from www.pumpinpal.com

I use this pump every day at work with a Simple Wishes bra and my Pumpin Pal shields and I love it. The ability to set my own rhythm and the strength of the suction is just something that Phillips really got right with this pump. Plus, it's pretty quiet and -- most of all -- it's a closed system.

Do buy extra diaphragms and duck bill valves because they need washing nightly, but it's SO convenient to pump into the bottles. Plus, this pump will actually allow you to pump into Lansinoh bags in a pinch (I've done it when I forgot my bottles at home). So, all around, best purchase ever.

I want to add that I have used a rented Symphony and I also own a Lansinoh Double Electric (which is a Purely Yours) but this is by far my favorite pump.

staceyeileen
09-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Plus, this pump will actually allow you to pump into Lansinoh bags in a pinch (I've done it when I forgot my bottles at home). So, all around, best purchase ever.

How do you do this? I will be going on a business trip soon and will be pumping on the go. This would be quite handy.

michellerw
09-06-2010, 11:49 AM
It takes a little bit of effort, but it can be done. I pushed the part that screws on to the bottle into the bag -- fastening them on with rubber bands -- and then shoved the tops of the bags between the diaphragms and the top/pump on each side. I had forgotten my bottles that day, (but I've done it since) so I used paper coffee cups for a little bit of stability. You can forgo the rubber bands if you think it will just be messy.

Overall, it worked pretty well, you just have to hang on to the bags and you HAVE to pump with a hands free bra.