PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Duo Deluxe and Studio Tote?

tmahanes
09-03-2010, 10:39 PM
I have the Duo Deluxe and it just does not work for us.... its too tall and skinny and I feel like I can't fit much in it and still be organized.

So with the notice that Gilt is going to have Skip Hop on Tuesday I am wondering about the differences. Is the Studio Tote as skinny? And are things easy to get out of the bag??

Thanks!! I am seriously have diaper bag issues and DH thinks its hilarious that I can't make up my mind!!

joules
09-04-2010, 12:04 AM
I don't have the Duo Deluxe but I have the Studio Tote.

The Studio Tote is definitely not tall and skinny! It's wide. I had a PPB boxy backpack and I hated that it was narrow and tall..I couldn't fit much in and I always had to dig around in it. I loooooove my Studio Tote. It's a really large purse but has so many pockets for organizing. You know how interior pockets (when used) eat up the space inside the purse? Well this one is large enough so that if you fill ALL the interior pockets, you still have room in the middle to put stuff. I find it very easy to get stuff out of the bag because usually what I need is in one of the pockets.

The cons are: DH thought the faux leather was cheap looking (I have the pewter dot one - it doesn't bother me). I saw some reviews where people said the quality was poor, but I haven't had any issues yet. I've been using the bag since June. For me I wish the stroller clips were a tad bit longer. They fit the Vista handle bars, but they're like JUST long enough. I usually carry my bag tho or throw it in the basket anyways.

The last time Gilt had the SkipHop bags, they had the City Chic bag, but not the Studio Tote. I got mine on Amazon for 28% off ($64.12).