PDA

View Full Version : ? for iphone/cellphone guru's

AJP
09-05-2010, 08:36 AM
I am thinking about finally upgrading to iphone 4 from my 3. I notice a lot of people selling their phones on ebay as unlocked/jailbroken etc. Great way to get some $ towards the new phone! If I was to sell my old phone there would it be considered unlocked/jailbroken/something else??? Would a potential buyer be able to just insert their card and use the phone? I want to know how to list/market my phone and need to be prepared for the questions from buyers.
Thanks.

WolfpackMom
09-05-2010, 08:40 AM
No, a jailbroken phone has been set up to accept carriers other than ATT. You can sell yours and someone would just have to get a new mini simcard from ATT to use it. Make sure you take yours out before selling!

AJP
09-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Ok, thanks. I just realized I posted in bargains! I had sold an old TMobile sidekick once and it did well but I never had it listed as "unlocked" etc so wasn't sure what to list this as.

emschwar
09-05-2010, 02:44 PM
When we got the iphone 4s, I kept the 3G for my kids to play with! Just another option if selling it doesn't work out. It's been a real lifesaver a few times when we were out and they were bored.

LD92599
09-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Sold my 3g on craigslist, dh now has my 3gs as an ipod/camera and i got the 4 last night!