PDA

View Full Version : best baby monitor?

thelilprincess
09-06-2010, 06:25 PM
within reasonable cost (~$200 or less)

there's so much out there and i really feel overwhelmed. baby's room is down the hall from us and i want to move her out of our room to her nursery sometime soon but not until i have a reliable baby monitor.

arivecchi
09-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Sony monitors are great. We've never had problems with ours.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Baby-Call-Nursery-Monitor/dp/B000S35QLC

swissair81
09-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Sony monitors are great. We've never had problems with ours.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Baby-Call-Nursery-Monitor/dp/B000S35QLC

:yeahthat:

♥ms.pacman♥
09-06-2010, 07:24 PM
another vote for Sony. we have the BabyCall one with two receivers. LOVE IT. love the voice-activated option so you don't hear static or anything.

wendibird22
09-06-2010, 07:26 PM
We've had this FP one for 3yrs and it's been great. No interference, rechargeable batteries, 2 receivers (we keep one in our bedroom and one downstairs...no having to lug one around).

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Private-Connection-Monitor-Receivers/dp/B0009T2CBC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1283815510&sr=8-7

CharlotteMommy
09-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Another vote for the Sony BabyCall here. We first had the Graco imonitor, and I would not recommend it all. Bad reception, small range, and inconsistent performance. We replaced with the BabyCall, and have had no problems. I like that you have 27 different channels to choose from.

Nechums
09-06-2010, 08:04 PM
one more vote for sony baby call. i love the voice-activated setting so i dont need to hear DS's white noise machine through the monitor!

LoveBeingMrs
09-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Summer Infant Best View

I love the pan and zoom feature, especially now that my LO is moving all around his crib. :thumbsup:

resipsaloquitur
09-06-2010, 08:58 PM
You need a visual monitor. Especially as kids get bigger to make sure they aren't climbing out of their crib. I can tell from DD's expression whether she will put herself back to sleep or whether I really need to get in there. Mine was $200 but of all my baby gear it is the most important non necessity.

lovebebes
09-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Summer Infant Best View

I love the pan and zoom feature, especially now that my LO is moving all around his crib. :thumbsup:

Another vote for Summer Infant Best View-love love love it. If you google video monitors and read reviews you will see that almost all of them have bad reviews-but not this one.

I got Diapers.com to price match it for me to Walmart.com, then used a new customer Diapers.com 15% off code.:thumbsup: Got a great deal, somewhere around 155 if I remember correctly.

I assumed you meant video monitor and not just audio since you said "under $ 200".

barkley1
09-06-2010, 09:15 PM
We had the Angel Care Deluxe b/c I wanted the movement monitoring option. It has been very, very nice - no static, voice activated, shows you the temperature of the room (didn't think I'd use, but have really appreciated). We got a summer video monitor to use w/ it, but went a little cheaper since the AC Deluxe was so much - but I do wish sometimes I had the pan and zoom!!! Will get that for Baby #2 b/c the video will be staying in DS1's room for a long time. I caught him trying to unplug the monitor through the crib railing and bumper almost under the bed the other day!!!

thelilprincess
09-07-2010, 01:09 PM
I assumed you meant video monitor and not just audio since you said "under $ 200".

yeah that's what i meant. sorry, lack of sleep. i'm sure everyone here can relate.

yeah, i read that babble highly recommended the summer infant best view. my friend got the slim n sleek one so i wasn't sure if that was better b/c it was newer.

and i did consider the angel care deluxe movement one at first but it lacks video. baby room is down the hall (and rooms are upstairs) so yeah, i want a video monitor so i don't have to go to her room if she's only crying in her sleep from a dream.

thanks everyone!!

LoveBeingMrs
09-07-2010, 01:18 PM
yeah that's what i meant. sorry, lack of sleep. i'm sure everyone here can relate.

yeah, i read that babble highly recommended the summer infant best view. my friend got the slim n sleek one so i wasn't sure if that was better b/c it was newer.

and i did consider the angel care deluxe movement one at first but it lacks video. baby room is down the hall (and rooms are upstairs) so yeah, i want a video monitor so i don't have to go to her room if she's only crying in her sleep from a dream.

thanks everyone!!

The Slim N Sleek looks cooler, but I don't think it has a pan & zoom feature (I could be wrong). I use the pan feature all the time. We have the camera mounted above his crib, and I still need to pan around to find him sometimes. My friend who has the Summer Infant Day and Night (older model without pan feature) cannot see her baby at all sometimes, because she moves around so much. Hope this helps!