PDA

View Full Version : 40 weeks?!

BigDog
09-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Today is my due date. And I am grumpy. The holiday weekend came and went uneventfully. Now my whole support staff (DH & my parents) are back to work and another week begins... **sigh**

SnuggleBuggles
09-07-2010, 10:21 AM
I went to 42w with ds1. I am forever grateful to the mom who told me to mentally move my EDD back to then! She gave me that advice when I was about 6m along and I held true to it. Scheduled something fun on my EDD too! I admit that week 38-41 was tough for me b/c I wanted it to happen and wanted to know what it'd be like. But, after 41w I decided to just relax and trust everything would work out just right. I have never been more relaxed and mellow! It took some work to get that way but that week was so, so much better than the ones before! I stopped timing braxton hicks and I just decided to soak in my freedom- shopping, eating out, and movies! Those are my ideas to pass the time. You could also write a birth plan, do a puzzle, get a pedicure, go swimming, hit the gym (f you have been) or just take a good bath and a nap. :)

GL! This end feels like forever but it'll be over in the blink of an eye!!

Beth

Roni
09-07-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm right there with you, except that my mother is still here.

Hang in there!

luckytwenty
09-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Good luck, ladies!! Hang in there and I hope the baby arrives really soon!!

citymama
09-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Good luck to both of you! Remember, spicy foods, long walks and lots of "love juices" as my midwife liked to say! I went to 41 weeks and 5 days with DD1, and I swear, she really needed the extra time to cook just right. ;)

You'll have your babes in arms before you know it!