PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered Skip Hop Duo Glam on a whim...reviews?

ohiomom1121
09-07-2010, 12:30 PM
There are a few good ones on Amazon, but wondered if anyone here has it or has seen it. Gilt has them today for $28, and I had a $25 credit so I went for it. With shipping I paid $10.95!!! :cheerleader1:I'm hoping I like it...but I guess for $11 I won't complain.

aajamu
09-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Owned one briefly. I liked how there were two side bottle pockets and it was much sturdier than the regular Duo (due to lamination). The changing pad is nice too, it includes a padded headrest and is really easy to wipe clean.

The only downside is the lamination tends to peel/scuff very easily. I used it once and the lamination on bottom of the bag started to peel. I could tell that it would worsen with use and there would be no way to cover it up. I ended up returning it due to this "flaw" - many would not see it as a flaw though. The bag quality is high, but lamination quality is mediocre. Still, for $25, a good deal and I'd still recommend it over the regular Duo.

ohiomom1121
09-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Is the lamination like what's on the Mothership bag? Trying to picture what it's going to look like...so hard to tell in photos. Glad to hear you like yours though!!! What color do you have? I got the blue.

aajamu
09-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Is the lamination like what's on the Mothership bag? Trying to picture what it's going to look like...so hard to tell in photos. Glad to hear you like yours though!!! What color do you have? I got the blue.

The lamination on the Glam bag is not at all like the FV Mothership or Sling Tote. The FV bags have sort of a heavier more plastic-like lamination over the fabric. The SH Glam is a very light lamination, more like oilcloth.

cndnveggie
09-10-2010, 02:33 AM
The Glam Duo was my first diaper bag (well, after the freebies from the hospital). It worked, but I was happy to replace it. I also had an issue with the lamination peeling, it was quite obvious and looked cheap. I also didn't like the stroller clips/messenger strap, but mine might have been an older model. On mine, I had to take off the messenger strap to hang it to the stroller using the attached stroller straps, and it was a big pain! I much prefer separate stroller clips like JJB's Be Connecteds. Also, it wasn't very organized for me - one big open space, so I was constantly digging.

But anyways, for the price, it was fine. I'm just spoiled now by more organized and higher quality bags (that I pay more for, but feel are worth it!)

ohiomom1121
09-10-2010, 09:02 AM
I keep reading about the JJB's on here...I'm thinking one might be a Christmas gift to myself. :)

cndnveggie
09-11-2010, 02:11 AM
I am a HUGE JJB fan, so I can't recommend them enough ;) I think it would be a pretty awesome Christmas gift! The Behave in particular is fantastic!!! Or the new BFF is a very versatile bag, and comes in all the cool new prints :)

ohiomom1121
09-11-2010, 10:59 AM
I am a HUGE JJB fan, so I can't recommend them enough ;) I think it would be a pretty awesome Christmas gift! The Behave in particular is fantastic!!! Or the new BFF is a very versatile bag, and comes in all the cool new prints :)
I :heartbeat: that print...pretty tweet I think? So pretty!

ohiomom1121
09-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the input ladies...I ended up cancelling my order. Not sure I'd like that plastic coating, and I know I'd never use it if it was peeling.