PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Dash or Duo?

liamsmom
09-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Poll coming.

The back story is I bought a SH Duo in Pop Flower from Amazon. I decided not to remove the tags until the Gilt sale arrived, just to see if there was something else I liked. :wink2:

I like the Pop Flower pattern, but I'm wondering if I should get the Dash instead. The Duo looks huge. Do folks have an opinion on the SH bags?

tlnt
09-07-2010, 02:53 PM
We bought both, couldn't decide which we liked better. Description/dimensions seemed about the same. Note there was a dash (not deluxe so that could mean it doesn't come with the shuttle clips (?).

We got dash in ocean (blue stripes) and duo in uptown (same color as our SH blanket from the sale (fiasco) a while bag).

We figure we'll have two or if we want to keep one, we'll give to SIL the other one.
Good luck deciding. It will go on our thurston and future indigo.

lhafer
09-07-2010, 09:54 PM
I have a dash deluxe in cherry bloom and love it. The duo is taller, where as the dash is wider. I prefer the flap over the top on the dash because I figured if I got a Duo and it fell over, stuff would fall out.

I can't remember the difference between a deluxe and regular dash. I think the regular has velcro closures where as the deluxe has magnets. I am not sure about the stroller clips - but they rock, so I hope you have them.

I also have the SH backpack adn love it. I use it when I have both my baby and my 4 year old, because there's a lot of room in it. When I just have my baby, I carry the dash.

tlnt
09-07-2010, 11:44 PM
We may go check both bags out in BBBeyond. Thought the DUO came with a zipper at the top but it may not close the main part of the bag (hard to tell on the bag). But yah flap on dash may be good idea.

thought deluxe came with the shuttle clips but not sure - it was a little confusing cuz they had both dash type of bags on gilt. Hopefully it'll be the ones with the clips.

Yup, arivecchi convinced us on the saddle bags haha :) CS was great, they let us add in the saddle bag late into the existing order.

lhafer i posted on the other thread, thanks for the pics on the indigo. feeling more confident in getting that vs a SNG/graco frame. how old is your little one? does he/she like the indigo basket?

eno0609
09-08-2010, 12:00 AM
I've had the Duo (pre-shuttle clips) and liked it until we lost the strap and couldn't order a replacement because we live in Canada (I actually got it because I thought that it looked more streamlined compared to the Dash).

I then got the Via messenger and like it too but when we got our P&T with double seat it became useless and it's too much bag for us now. We moved on to the Pronto for a while and liked it too but it got in the way hanging on the handlebar and I didn't like squeezing it in/out of the basket... so my favourite for the past year has been their saddlebags.:love5:

lhafer
09-08-2010, 04:48 AM
We may go check both bags out in BBBeyond. Thought the DUO came with a zipper at the top but it may not close the main part of the bag (hard to tell on the bag). But yah flap on dash may be good idea.

thought deluxe came with the shuttle clips but not sure - it was a little confusing cuz they had both dash type of bags on gilt. Hopefully it'll be the ones with the clips.

Yup, arivecchi convinced us on the saddle bags haha :) CS was great, they let us add in the saddle bag late into the existing order.

lhafer i posted on the other thread, thanks for the pics on the indigo. feeling more confident in getting that vs a SNG/graco frame. how old is your little one? does he/she like the indigo basket?

My baby is 6 months old, and she loved the Indigo. She liked being higher and looking out at the world, instead of being lower to the ground.

Here's a pic of my dash deluxe on the indigo using the stroller clips, and a pic of everything I keep in my dash:

tlnt
09-08-2010, 09:43 AM
lhafer,
really appreciate all your pics. very helpful again seeing the bag on the stroller and the dash packed with stuff. Does the indigo with the bag get tippy? Seems stable? Do you own any other strollers?

arivecchi
09-08-2010, 12:15 PM
I LOVE my Dash! I think it is the perfect size and I love all the pockets. The Uptown Stripe looks awesome in all of my strollers.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_jTwukNHSd64/TFYqSVbXqzI/AAAAAAAABfQ/SJ53EVP3asM/s512/IMG_2951.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_jTwukNHSd64/TF3FijXa0yI/AAAAAAAABg0/Vn7P69qI7i0/IMG_3277b.png.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_jTwukNHSd64/TDI-tlhTcAI/AAAAAAAABVI/OHvBPWn3wnA/s640/IMG_2850.JPG