PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend a vacation for us?

Nechums
09-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm open to anything that would be an ideal family vacation for me, DH and DS (2-years old). Can you recommend something fun and within a 4 hour flight from NY? It can even be a cruise if you think we will enjoy it with a 2-year old. Thanks! Looking forward to some great suggestions!

fivi2
09-07-2010, 02:31 PM
What time of year?
Do you like beaches? Mountains? cities? Shopping, museums, etc? total relaxation? What is your budget?

Hard to suggest things without more info! :)

resipsaloquitur
09-07-2010, 04:37 PM
I traveled EVERYWHERE when I had just one child. (With two now I'm outnumbered and it's much harder.) Of all the trips we have done he loved the cruise the most. We went when he was 3. It was so much easier than schlepping all the luggage and a car seat everywhere. We went on Norweigen which I was a little wary of since it's not as "high end" as some of the other cruises I had previously done but it was GREAT. They have open meals, meaning you can eat when ever and where ever you like. We'd get to the restaurants early, after a long nap, and were usualy the first ones there. DS got lots of personal attention and we didn't have to worry about unhappy, non kid friendly travelers at our table. I highly recommend it.

geochick
09-08-2010, 12:55 AM
We've traveled a lot with our kids too, and I won't do another cruise with them until either they're older, or we can afford 2 adjoining cabins (we'd keep the middle door open). My husband stays up late, and my kids go to bed early (and they're light sleepers). Dh couldn't come in our puny cabin late at night without waking up the kids. So, we were trapped in the cabin. We had a balcony, and we couldn't even escape to the balcony because the noise wakes up our light sleepers. This left us reading books on the floor of our bathroom...two of us. I've never been so claustrophobic in my whole life. On the other hand, Carnival Cruise Line has an amazing!!! kids' club.

We've done other cruises without kids, and we love them, but if your kid is a light sleeper and you or dh stay up late, get two cabins, or go to Plan B.