PDA

View Full Version : PPB touring tote

C&C's mom
09-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Anyone ever used one of the PPB touring totes? I am looking for a bag that can be a mommy purse also. I am tired of changing from my diaper bag to my purse when leaving with out the baby (which is really not alot).

aajamu
09-08-2010, 01:17 PM
I've owned several, though not all at the same time (2 in glazed, 1 in brocade). I'd definitely recommend glazed since it is so much easier to care for. I purchased them all on ebay or the outlet, so they were all not too expensive (all at least $45 off retail).

Pros: Looks absolutely gorgeous. I rec'd more compliments on my TT than any other bag I've ever owned (diaper bag or not). People would stop me to ask what the print was and who made the bag. It fit what I needed, too: 2 sippies, a few diapers and wipes box (I used back pocket for diapers/wipes), my wallet, keys, sunglasses, a few snacks. It felt great in crossbody configuration too. The lining pulls up out of the bag so it is super easy to wipe down the interior as well. It wears well (at least the glazed). After a year of use, it looked nearly new (only flaw was it had denim transfer - indigo from new jeans transfered to the coated canvas, and I could not get the marks out - impossible to remove denim transfer from coated canvas - I'd recommend a dark colored Touring Tote if you wear dark jeans for this reason!).

Cons: Hobo strap was not comfy and was too short - but then I ended up using 1 backpack strap from my boxy backpack, which was the strap length perfect for hobo style. It was also a short bag, so you cannot fit too much due to short height (taller on sides for sippies). For instance, I could not fit my Skip Hop Single Bottle Bag in the Touring Tote - a bummer, because the interior bottle pockets in the TT are not insulated. My DH said the bag reminded him of a shrimp and called the bag "Ms. Shrimpy" - the shape of the bag is not for everyone. The front pocket is tiny and not too useful. The side pockets are also sort of small, wish they were bigger. Interior pockets too short for diapers and wipes.

It still is pretty "diaper bag" looking IMO, and I ended up getting a JJB Behave instead, because I was tired of going between a diaper bag and my work bag. I just wanted a single bag I could use for work, weekend, and diapers (mostly for work and occasional diaper bag use).