PDA

View Full Version : KidKraft Retro Kids' Pink Oven $50, usually $150

Chag78
09-08-2010, 02:04 AM
http://www.target.com/53117-KidKraft-Retro-Kids-Oven/dp/B002BD89PC/ref=br_1_8?ie=UTF8&id=53117%20KidKraft%20Retro%20Kids%20Oven&node=1041688&searchSize=90&searchView=list&searchPage=1&sr=1-8&qid=1283925813&rh=&searchBinNameList=price%2Ctarget_com_category-bin%2Ctarget_com_age%2Ctarget_com_gender-bin%2Ctarget_com_character-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

sewarsh
09-08-2010, 07:43 AM
thats a great price although i'll say the orig price was a bit inflated. we go the oven and the refridgerator for $150 a couple of years ago. it was a set. just be sure if you purchase this that you can get hte refridgerator separatly (if you want it).

katydid1971
09-08-2010, 12:24 PM
FWIW my kids almost never play with the frig. They love the sink and stove. This is a good deal on a cute kitchen. We love ours.

dukie41181
09-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Great deal, but the $35 shipping really hurts! YIKES! I even signed in through AAA to get the additional 10% off and its still $90 after shipping. I wish shipping was a bit lower and I'd be all over it!

Carrots
09-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Like PP, I was about it buy it with my AAA discount, but then saw the shipping. Ouch. No thanks.

happyturtles
09-08-2010, 08:05 PM
I just bought this cute oven/sink from Target. When I added it to cart, there was a "Bullseye Free shipping on qualifying items over $50" logo above the price. And when i went through checkout, it wrote off the $35 shipping. My total cost was $52.48 + $5.11 tax for $57.59.

the first time i click on the link, the free shipping logo was not present. So you may just need to try a few times.

good luck. i'm excited for my girls. :)

LGS
09-08-2010, 08:19 PM
It is showing free shipping for me, too.

DrSally
09-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Free ship for me too. I went through ebates. Couldn't get a $5 coupon link to work. That's a pretty great deal. I ordered it to put in the kitchen for Dd, instead of the big, clumsy plastic kitchen we have in the basement. This will look nicer.

maylips
09-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Gosh, this would be great for Christmas, but WHY (insert whiny voice here) do they never offer the red set on sale??!?!?! Not only do we also have a boy, I just love red more than anything pink and want to put this in my own kitchen.

DrSally
09-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Gosh, this would be great for Christmas, but WHY (insert whiny voice here) do they never offer the red set on sale??!?!?! Not only do we also have a boy, I just love red more than anything pink and want to put this in my own kitchen.

I agree with you, but for this price *and* free ship, I'll take the pink! I think it was a similar price around Xmas, but wo/the free ship. I'm so excited.

Carrots
09-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks everyone! I tried the link again and got the Bullseye free ship and got the set as a Christmas gift for DD.

On another note, my AAA account was not working. They are in the process of fixing it, but I placed the order with Target anyway so I wouldn't miss out.

Again, thanks for the link and the FS tips!

ECMom
09-08-2010, 09:27 PM

I have wanted the red kitchen for a LONG time. However, for this price, I'm in for a pink one! My DD won't care about the color. I'll just have to get over it!

dukie41181
09-08-2010, 10:52 PM
I ordered one just now using my AAA 10% discount and my total came to $50.06! Great price! I was looking at the Ikea play kitchen and that one is $99.99 and I like the Kidkraft one better! I placed my order from signing in through my amazon.com account and it turns out that the credit card linked to that account is an old card! What will happen? Will they contact me about the billing issue or just cancel my order? I hope they just contact me so we can get it all straight. My husband wasn't overwhelmingly thrilled with the purchase because we have the Laugh & Learn kitchen and he doesn't see the use...I think it will be great as she gets older! Maybe he'll feel better if the grandparents take it for her for Christmas or for her 2nd birthday. When does this type of play kitchen become "age appropriate"?

ETA: If anyone finds a great deal on the matching fridge please post! I'd love to add that one if I can find a deal!

DrSally
09-08-2010, 10:55 PM
I ordered one just now using my AAA 10% discount and my total came to $50.06! Great price! I was looking at the Ikea play kitchen and that one is $99.99 and I like the Kidkraft one better! I placed my order from signing in through my amazon.com account and it turns out that the credit card linked to that account is an old card! What will happen? Will they contact me about the billing issue or just cancel my order? I hope they just contact me so we can get it all straight. My husband wasn't overwhelmingly thrilled with the purchase because we have the Laugh & Learn kitchen and he doesn't see the use...I think it will be great as she gets older! Maybe he'll feel better if the grandparents take it for her for Christmas or for her 2nd birthday. When does this type of play kitchen become "age appropriate"?

They should contact you and ask you to change payment options or enter a new card.

dukie41181
09-08-2010, 10:57 PM
They should contact you and ask you to change payment options or enter a new card.

Thanks! This has never happened to me before so I'm glad to know how they'll handle it. It was so odd...I signed in and then when I hit the button to continue with my order, it automatically completed without showing me payment options. How odd!

yalie2001
09-08-2010, 11:17 PM
thanks OP! great deal!

I ordered one just now using my AAA 10% discount and my total came to $50.06!
I tried several times to get the 10% AAA discount to show up but couldn't get it... I went through the link, got the pop up window that said 10% off, but then when I went to checkout there was no discount reflected :( I can cancel my order and re-order if there is some kind of trick?

anyhow, I went through the bigcrumbs.com cashback site (it was higher than ebates or mrrebates) and settled for 5.6% cashback. I know I can't post a referral link but if anyone is signing up for bigcrumbs and would be willing to use my link, they can PM me :)

dukie41181
09-08-2010, 11:30 PM
thanks OP! great deal!

I tried several times to get the 10% AAA discount to show up but couldn't get it... I went through the link, got the pop up window that said 10% off, but then when I went to checkout there was no discount reflected :( I can cancel my order and re-order if there is some kind of trick?

anyhow, I went through the bigcrumbs.com cashback site (it was higher than ebates or mrrebates) and settled for 5.6% cashback. I know I can't post a referral link but if anyone is signing up for bigcrumbs and would be willing to use my link, they can PM me :)

There wasn't a trick for me to get it to work. I just went to aaa.com/target and I got a windw where I had to enter my email and password. Then I was routed through to the Target website and the discount just showed up on the screen when I went to check out. I wonder if you could call CS to have them add the AAA discount?

ETA: I did get a message that popped up when openingone of the screens about opening a non https site and I had to click on whatever option was not automatically highlighted to not get an error. Could just be me, but maybe that had something to do with it? Unlikely, but its the only thing that stands out to me. Id still tey CS first before cancelling the order.

Suebell
09-09-2010, 12:20 AM
gah. I always forget ebates! @#!!**

I got the $5 off $50 code to work though. TCBE8EW2

Thanks OP! (I don't know how I'll explain this to hubby though...)

dukie41181
09-09-2010, 08:03 AM
I got the email to update my payment info...coudn't get it to work online but I did call CS and they took care of it for me. I also asked about the $5 off $50 code posted and they said its a valid code through Sept. 11th. She was going to apply it to my order but it isn't combinable and since I used the AAA discount, it didn't work for me. But, for those of you who ordered without the code, I'd be calling CS to have them apply it to your order!

yalie2001
09-09-2010, 09:08 AM
gah. I always forget ebates! @#!!**

I got the $5 off $50 code to work though. TCBE8EW2

yeah sometimes I forget, too and then I'm so mad at myself! ebates is only 3% at Target though and bigcrumbs is 5.6% :D

I tried that promo code last night but couldn't get it to work even though the exp date is 9/11

I got the email to update my payment info...coudn't get it to work online but I did call CS and they took care of it for me. I also asked about the $5 off $50 code posted and they said its a valid code through Sept. 11th. She was going to apply it to my order but it isn't combinable and since I used the AAA discount, it didn't work for me. But, for those of you who ordered without the code, I'd be calling CS to have them apply it to your order!
oh, I had no idea you could call them and get them to apply it like that! Thank you! :hug: I just called the CS rep and she said the order is closed/can't be changed but she is having their system just apply a $5 credit to my card after the item ships :thumbsup: This is even better b/c now i get CB on the higher amount!

So my total comes to $52.48 - 5.6% CB = $49.54 + tax = $53.63 - $5 promo = $48.63 shipped :yay:

thank you!!!:bouncy:

Multimama
09-09-2010, 10:34 AM
It's out of stock now.

scmama
09-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Darn, I missed this. I should of ordered it last night, but I got distracted with DD.

pomegranate
09-09-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm actually kind of glad it's out of stock now. I was really tempted last night, and know that DS would love to play with it even though it's pink, but really don't have space and have way too many toys as it is.

DrSally
09-09-2010, 03:59 PM
For those that have this, does it come partially assembled, or do you have to assemble it from the ground up. Debating whether we should save this for Xmas or just give it now. It would be hard to have it assembled somewhere and not have her see it, but I hate to have it sit in the box in case there's a problem with it and I need to return it, KWIM?

catpagmo
09-09-2010, 04:37 PM
I think it will be great as she gets older! Maybe he'll feel better if the grandparents take it for her for Christmas or for her 2nd birthday. When does this type of play kitchen become "age appropriate"?

ETA: If anyone finds a great deal on the matching fridge please post! I'd love to add that one if I can find a deal!

My DD got a play kitchen for her 2nd bday, and played with it every.single.day. until she turned 4. My DS is 18 mos, and is playing with her kitchen sometimes. I expect he'll play with it a bit more as he gets a little older.

katydid1971
09-09-2010, 04:46 PM
For those that have this, does it come partially assembled, or do you have to assemble it from the ground up. Debating whether we should save this for Xmas or just give it now. It would be hard to have it assembled somewhere and not have her see it, but I hate to have it sit in the box in case there's a problem with it and I need to return it, KWIM?

From the ground up ;)
My dad and I did it last Christmas and the kitchen and the fridge took about 2 hours. We are pretty handy. The most difficult thing was getting the little screws in for the hinges. Good luck :)
You can open it and check that everything is in good shape and there then tape up the box again. The box is big but flat and could be stored under a bed.

DrSally
09-09-2010, 08:22 PM
From the ground up ;)
My dad and I did it last Christmas and the kitchen and the fridge took about 2 hours. We are pretty handy. The most difficult thing was getting the little screws in for the hinges. Good luck :)
You can open it and check that everything is in good shape and there then tape up the box again. The box is big but flat and could be stored under a bed.

Thanks for the info. Boy will DH be thrilled. Maybe I should have him to it before Xmas, then it may have a chance of getting done by then.

Carrots
09-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Grrrr. Our kitchen arrived today and the base has a crack along the back corner of the base piece. Of course it was the last piece out of the box, so even if I wanted to send it back, it was be such a hassle to pack it all up again.

It *might* be OK once we put it together because it is on the bottom back end facing the floor and you can't see it. The crack didn't come through the other side, but I still worry about it falling apart. :irked:

greatcanuk
09-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Contact KidKraft. They are good about replacing broken pieces.

DrSally
09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
IME, it's very common with ready to assemble stuff. I haven't gotten anything from IKEA that I didn't need to go back and get a replacement piece. Luckily, they only make you bring back the damaged piece and open a new box and give you a new piece. I think contacting kidkraft is a good idea. I'm hoping ours looks ok, but I guess I'll have to open it up, even if DH isn't going to put it together soon.