PDA

View Full Version : ? about altering jeans

LarsMal
09-08-2010, 02:29 PM
I have a pair of jeans that need to be taken up (which, at almost 5'8" I've never had to do before). Do I wash them first or not?

athompson
09-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Yes, wash and dry first (assuming you plan to dry also after the alterations are done).

LadyPeter
09-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Yes! Wash and dry them a couple of times, even...just so you get a good idea of how much they need to be hemmed, post-shrinkage.

LarsMal
09-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Will do- thanks!

I don't usually dry my jeans unless they've really streched out. I'll probably dry them on the drying rack and then fluff them in the dryer.

bubbaray
09-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Actually, I would wash/dry them (at least twice) and see if possibly you don't need to alter them.

I've never had to shorten a pair of pants, though....

LarsMal
09-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Actually, I would wash/dry them (at least twice) and see if possibly you don't need to alter them.

I've never had to shorten a pair of pants, though....

I never have either, but these are REALLY long! I even commented on it to the SA at the Loft and she said they are ridiculously long. I'm talking under my feet and almost to my toes long. DH couldn't understand why I bought them...b/c they fit great everywhere else...duh!

bubbaray
09-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Huh, I should grab a pair, LOL.

I would still wash them and dry them twice before you alter them. Even if you won't put them in the dryer normally, I would before scissors touch them -- measure twice, cut once and all that....