PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Diapers and Wipes

babyonway
09-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Where is the cheapest place to get diapers and wipes? I have been getting mine at Costco (the kirkland brand for both). Are there better deals? I am reading a lot about Amazon, is that a better deal for those items. I am not brand loyal :wink2:

Thanks for your help.

iaam
09-09-2010, 12:03 AM
The convenience and low price at Amzon makes that a no-brainer for me! With the new Amazon Mom program, you would get 30% off diapers and wipes -- a great deal in my opinion (details in this thread: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=370646)

babyonway
09-09-2010, 12:05 AM
And you have found that it is cheaper than Costco? I am being too lazy to read the terms of Amazon and price compare. :wink2:

Edensmum
09-09-2010, 12:17 AM
cloth is cheaper in the long run. Especially prefolds and covers. I don't belong to costco. AMazon is a good deal.

Olivia1094
09-09-2010, 12:28 AM
I've never been to Costco and have no clue what their diapers cost. I know the last time I checked Sam's Club for Pampers, they were more than what Amazon Mom is charging. We almost always use Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive and they are going to be $29.39 for 132 (so 22.27 cents/dipe) thru Amazon Mom. Another advantage of Amazon (besides being delivered to your door) is no sales tax. That saves us another 8.25%.

iaam
09-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Yes, quite a bit cheaper than Costco. That's where I used to buy diapers from before the Amazon 30% subscribe and save program started.

DrSally
09-09-2010, 01:18 AM
I just figured this out! I could only ignore the amazon diaper threads for so long.

citymama
09-09-2010, 01:21 AM
And you have found that it is cheaper than Costco? I am being too lazy to read the terms of Amazon and price compare. :wink2:

For most disposables, amazon is the best deal right now. How much are Costco dipes?

DrSally
09-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Costco dipes are about .25 a piece for size 5

Olivia1094
09-09-2010, 01:37 AM
I forgot to say my price quote was for size 3 Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive.

schrocat
09-09-2010, 04:15 AM
Definitely cheaper than Costco. I have Costco membership. I don't usually buy diapers from there. Occasionally, I'm tempted if they have a good coupon but the latest amazon deals were very much better. I still buy a whole bunch of other stuff from Costco, just not diapers.

lucybabymamma
09-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Amazon 30% off is much cheaper than costco -- and you can get Pampers diapers for less than any brand at Costco, which I prefer and can collect pampers points!

For amazon 30% off Pampers Dry Max size 5, 156 count:
.19 per diaper, $29.39 total (you can get even more of a discount with the current Parents coupon deal)

For costco huggies brand size 5, 176 count:
.25 per diaper, $43.99 (and this includes current rebate of $6), without rebate it is .28 per diaper, $49.99

Include the fact that the diapers arrive in @2 days with free shipping -- AND no shopping trip meltdowns from DDs -- amazon is an even BETTER deal!

FedBaby
09-09-2010, 08:54 AM
I think Target brand is the cheapest. I think I pay less than $0.14 per size 4 diaper when I buy the box. I just checked Luvs and Baby Dry with 30% off at Amazon and they still seem more expensive than that. Of course I do have to go and pick them up at the store...

Does anyone else know prices for Target brand diapers? What about other store brands?

a2mom
09-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I find that the Luvs via Amazon w/ the subcription 30% price is the cheapest option for diapers (I buy size 2 and size 4 right now for my daughters). We used to love Target diapers but when they switched to the Up & Up line, the tabs no longer stayed closed so we stopped using them. So not sure how Target diapers compare...

Target wipes, however, are quite a bit cheaper than any others I've found. I can get 700 wipes (unscented) for about $11.24 + tax vs 900 wipes for $18ish + tax at Costco.

iaam
09-09-2010, 03:52 PM
I find that the Luvs via Amazon w/ the subcription 30% price is the cheapest option for diapers (I buy size 2 and size 4 right now for my daughters). We used to love Target diapers but when they switched to the Up & Up line, the tabs no longer stayed closed so we stopped using them. So not sure how Target diapers compare...

Target wipes, however, are quite a bit cheaper than any others I've found. I can get 700 wipes (unscented) for about $11.24 + tax vs 900 wipes for $18ish + tax at Costco.

This is what I do too. I used to only use Huggies (from Costco) but then tried Luvs through Amazon's S&S. They work very well for us - size 5 for DS and size 2 for DD. The price can't be beat either. For wipes I have been using Pampers (also through Amazon S&S). Don't remember the price but it's cheaper than Costco wipes (or Huggies wipes at Costco) and I like them a lot better too.

twowhat?
09-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Target's Up & Up dipes are about 15 cents/dipe for size 3 when they run on sale (they often run them on sale, $1 off the regular price).

Sam's Club diapers (which I was pleasantly surprised with - bought them to try during that weekend where everyone could shop without a membership, they are very soft) are also about 15 cents/dipe, size 3, regular price.

Costco's $6 off Huggies coupon from their last round of coupons brought the Huggies dipe to just over 15 cents/dipe, size 3.

So for me, 15 cents/dipe for size 3 is the "price to beat".

Mommy_Mea
09-09-2010, 05:19 PM
We usually use Target Up & Up diapers, size 5, at around $0.17 each. However, with the Amazon deals lately (using the 20% off coupon on top of the 30% S&S option), we have quite a few boxes of Pampers which I got for less than that.

We will go back to Target once the Pampers stash has dried up, since even with the Amazon 30% S&S, Target is cheaper. And I love the polka dots :heartbeat:

mamaAnn
09-09-2010, 05:30 PM
I like Walgreens brand best. They are 7.99 regular price (size 3 has 36 in a pkg) but often have a buy 1 get one half off so that's $12 for 72 dipes or .16 each. I only buy them when they are on sale.

I usually used Huggies but last year Walgreens had this great sale of buy 1 get one free and I stocked up after I realized I liked them better than Huggies.

The 30% off at Amazon for my babe's size Huggies is still .17 each which is a good deal when there's no tax or having to use gas to go get them.

MomtoNico
09-09-2010, 09:28 PM
I usually buy mine at CVS> I use their x/xx coupons- Cvs coupons and manucture. I bought size 3 diapers - 96 in a box- I think?? Bought J&J loation and baby wash - total 25 dollars. USed a 4 off 20 - a 3 dollars CRT for a box of huggies- an IP for 3 dollars off a huggies and 2 one dollar coupons. Paid with extra care bucks - 13 dolalrs and got back 10. Its a bit more work but I love getting a bargain.

julevizamom
09-09-2010, 11:33 PM
We usually use Target Up & Up diapers, size 5, at around $0.17 each. However, with the Amazon deals lately (using the 20% off coupon on top of the 30% S&S option), we have quite a few boxes of Pampers which I got for less than that.

We will go back to Target once the Pampers stash has dried up, since even with the Amazon 30% S&S, Target is cheaper. And I love the polka dots :heartbeat:

What is the 20% Amazon coupon that you can use on top of the S&S?

citymama
09-10-2010, 02:20 AM
What is the 20% Amazon coupon that you can use on top of the S&S?

Available in the Sept issue of Parents (Parenting?) magazine.

Pinky
09-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Available in the Sept issue of Parents (Parenting?) magazine.

Yep, it was in August and September for Parents and Parenting I believe.

babyonway
09-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks everyone I am gonna check out Amazon and Target wipes too.

FedBaby
09-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Target's Up & Up dipes are about 15 cents/dipe for size 3 when they run on sale (they often run them on sale, $1 off the regular price).

I have NEVER seen Target diapers on sale! At least not where I am. Sometimes they're in the flyer, but it always turns out to be the regular price. So here (Western Philadelphia suburbs) I'm paying less than $0.14 each for size 4. How strange that it's different.

P.S. We've never (knock on wood) had problems with the Up&Up Target diapers velcro coming undone. Not sure why others have. (But I should add I never used the pre-up&up version.)

ang79
09-13-2010, 09:01 PM
I used to use BJ's brand dipes. They often sent coupons in the mail or had them in-store to use. After my BJ's membership ran out, I started using Target's Up and Up. I often get coupons in the mail for them. I recently went back to BJ's with the free membership trial, and was shocked to see that they not only lowered the amount of dipes per box but raised the price by a couple bucks! So I'll be sticking with the Target dipes. They work well for us and DD2 is so skinny that the velcro sticks on fine, since it covers most of the dipe when she has it on! And I'm usually at Target at least once a week (though DH wishes I wasn't there so often :) )