PDA

View Full Version : Canvas printing recommendation?

MrsE916
09-09-2010, 01:21 PM
My daughter's 10th birthday is coming up, and she has been begging to have her room redecorated. I've come up with a design for her room, and there is a special touch from me in there. I made her a pop art photo design with one of her back to school pictures, and I would like to have it printed on canvas and have it gallery wrapped. I was wondering if any of you could recommend an inexpensive website that does this? I need one that will do a square print. Thanks!

emschwar
09-09-2010, 01:43 PM
I've done prints at canvasondemand.com and the quality is great. I'm not sure I'd call it inexpensive though.

barkley1
09-09-2010, 01:45 PM
I would NOT recommend artscow.com.

Babymakes3
09-09-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm attaching a link to a blog with details on a Groupon deal today for a 16 x 20 Canvas on Demand good thru 11/15. Price is $45, regular $127 and it includes tax and shipping.

http://couponcravings.com/2010/09/groupon-16-20-photo-canvas-45.html

groundhog74
09-09-2010, 01:57 PM
I did one through Shutterfly that turned out great.

ohsara430
09-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I bought one of the canvas on demand groupon deals and was very happy with it. They seem to regularly have sales, I get emails frequently. The quality was better than I expected. I don't currently have an email from them, but want to say they usual offer 40% off.

bekahjean
09-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm attaching a link to a blog with details on a Groupon deal today for a 16 x 20 Canvas on Demand good thru 11/15. Price is $45, regular $127 and it includes tax and shipping.

http://couponcravings.com/2010/09/groupon-16-20-photo-canvas-45.html

:yeahthat:
I've used the canvas on demand groupon before, and the canvas looks great. The photo that I used didn't lend itself to a 16x20, so they upgraded the canvas to a 16x24 at no extra charge. I would definitely use them again!

MrsE916
09-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Thanks for all the responses ladies. Canvas on Demand was one of the websites I was looking at. Glad to know you guys have had a good experience with them. I can't use the groupon code, because I need it to be a square canvas, but thank you anyway!

bekahjean
09-09-2010, 02:14 PM
You still can use the groupon! Or at least, when I had one, I could. It is the monetary value for the 16x20, but you can use it for whatever size canvas you want. It shows up in your cart as a $126 credit once you enter the coupon code, but it doesn't specify that you HAVE to buy that particular size. You can buy bigger, smaller, or whatever you want.

eta: If you go to the DC groupon page and click on the Canvas on Demand company website link, it will tell you that you can use the $126.95 for anything on the site. It's always nice when they let you know that type of info ahead of time! They're really a great company.

groundhog74
09-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the Groupon info. Is there any issue with getting a Groupon from another city?

MrsE916
09-09-2010, 02:38 PM
You still can use the groupon! Or at least, when I had one, I could. It is the monetary value for the 16x20, but you can use it for whatever size canvas you want. It shows up in your cart as a $126 credit once you enter the coupon code, but it doesn't specify that you HAVE to buy that particular size. You can buy bigger, smaller, or whatever you want.

eta: If you go to the DC groupon page and click on the Canvas on Demand company website link, it will tell you that you can use the $126.95 for anything on the site. It's always nice when they let you know that type of info ahead of time! They're really a great company.

Thank you!!!

Chag78
09-09-2010, 02:48 PM
I ordered the Groupon for $45 a few weeks ago and received the CanvasonDemand.com canvas today actually and LOVE IT. I also ordered a popart picture that my husband created and the colors are beautiful.

I have also ordered regular black and white pictures on canvas from Shutterfly and Snapfish and have been happy with the quality.

Thanks for the Groupon info. Is there any issue with getting a Groupon from another city?

Nope. I ordered from a Groupon in another city.

Pinky
09-09-2010, 02:52 PM
I ordered the Groupon for $45 a few weeks ago and received the CanvasonDemand.com canvas today actually and LOVE IT. I also ordered a popart picture that my husband created and the colors are beautiful.

I have also ordered regular black and white pictures on canvas from Shutterfly and Snapfish and have been happy with the quality.

Nope. I ordered from a Groupon in another city.

How did the Groupon work for canvasondemand? Once you pay through Groupon does it take you to the other website or give you a discount code or something?

MrsE916
09-09-2010, 03:05 PM
I just bought mine... I'm excited! Thanks to those who posted the Groupon info. I was reading on the discussion for the deal and Canvas on Demand is on there replying to a bunch of questions. Like PP said it works as a credit. So, you can get whatever size you want, and you can even get multiple smaller sizes to get up to that amount.

bekahjean
09-09-2010, 03:26 PM
I really need to stay away from this board! I had told my sister I wasn't going to buy this groupon, but now I've convinced myself that I should. It's a good value, I can use it for Christmas for the grandparents... I need to stop!! I'm going to be done with Christmas before November! It isn't a good thing, because then I will impulse shop my way through the December sales!

Wondermom
09-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Awsome deal. Thanks!

Now all I have to do is get one decent shot of my boys together. No easy task. I've tried that 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

LD92599
09-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Costco does wrapped canvas in the store, but i havent tried it yet.

KimMae
09-10-2010, 07:51 AM
I've used collections inc and personalization mall. Both were the same with ease of website use and quality. Personalization mall turned out to be much cheaper - slightly less price for prints almost twice as big (24x36 as opposed to 18x24). They seem just like the prints you see on wrapped canvas at stores but with my own pictures and for less than the price I see at somewhere like Marshall's. There was very little editing available but sounds like you have that done. I got 2 2x3 canvases with shipping for less than $100 from personalization mall in June (there was a sale).

Remember that an inch or so of your picture wraps around the side when you size your picture.