PDA

View Full Version : Another FA spinoff - ditching the diaper bag

Clarity
09-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I've been pondering my diaper bag for some time now. I had definitely stopped using one for dd1 before she was 2. She was pt'd by then and I had no need for it. Fast foward to dd2. She'll be 2 in about 10 days. She's not quite pt'd but we're working on it. I'd LOVE to ditch the diaper bag, but she has multiple food allergies so I am always carrying benadryl/her 2 shot epipen jr, snacks, and often full meals for her. I don't really want to carry a lunch box. Any recommendations for what to transition to? TIA!

DrSally
09-09-2010, 01:37 PM
For several years, I've been using my LL bean touring bag as a purse. It's quite large and some people use it as a diaper bag. I can fit a double epipen, benadryl strips, 1 diaper and pack of wipes, my billfold, extra pair of underwear, snacks, tissues, my coupon pouch, cell phone, keys, hand sanitizer, several chapsticks, with room to spare. It's not the most attractive bag, but it has a lot of pockets and a long strap that I can cross over my body so I can carry DD and hold DS's hand.

KpbS
09-09-2010, 02:22 PM
I've had DS1's epi in a red travel bag (travel cube type thing) with a carabiner attached to a loop on the end so we can clip it to another bag if necessary or it can stand alone. I ordered a bag tag that specified his allergies and what to do in the event of a reaction and that is attached to the outside of the bag as well. I chose red b/c I wanted something highly visible and made a rule that the bag follows the child--to the zoo, to school, to the pool, etc. Mine is about this size http://www.eaglecreek.com/accessories/accessories_packing_solutions/Pack-It-Half-Cube-41058/ and I can fit things in like a diaper for DS2 or my wallet and keys if necessary. FAAN also has a bag that can clip to the inside of a backpack if you wanted to go that route https://www.foodallergy.org/members/msascart-ProductList?majorcat=featured&ONWEBFLG=Y&WHP=productHomeHeader.htm&WBP=productHomeList.htm