PDA

View Full Version : funtainers and ticonderoga pencils

calv
09-09-2010, 04:51 PM
both can be found at bldg #19. the drink and food containers were both $6.99 each. 12 pack of pencils were $.89

I stocked up :D

skohng
09-09-2010, 05:05 PM
great deal.... but what is bldg #19?

calv
09-09-2010, 05:20 PM
http://www.building19.com/

alien_host
09-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Can I ask which one did you go to and what designs of Funtainers you found? I *hate* Bldg 19 but I might have to go tomorrow. Both my MIL and mom love it, but I never seem to go there.

pjsmom30
09-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Building 19 is a Massachusetts company. Odd lots and closeouts and the like.

alien_host
09-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks for posting this!

They only had Jonas bros and Camp Rock ones but I swore I read that someone said you can remove the paint with acetone? Would that be just nail polish remover?

I also got a bunch of pencils... They had birthday Tiaconderoga for 79 cents for 12, I figured they might make good b'day treat (we can't send food). They also had Happy 100th day of school ones.

Anyway the pencils were by the check out when I went. I didn't see them by the school supplies. The funtainers were in housewares. It's hard to track stuff down at Bldg 19!

calv
09-10-2010, 12:49 PM
yes totally forgot to menton I too got a few packs of the 100 day pencils <3 Darn it, wish there were birthday ones at our store. GLAD you found some. and yes i have heard the paint/picture can be removed. i dont see why not try nail polish remover!

Corie
09-10-2010, 05:01 PM
My DH used to love Building 19!

I, on the other hand, avoided that place like the plague.

alien_host
09-10-2010, 06:02 PM
My DH used to love Building 19!

I, on the other hand, avoided that place like the plague.

It does always seem dirty in there...dusty, if you KWIM.

Twoboos
09-10-2010, 08:49 PM
It does always seem dirty in there...dusty, if you KWIM.

Same with Ocean State Job Lot. I can't stand it in either place but feel compelled to go for the deals!! :D

alien_host
09-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Same with Ocean State Job Lot. I can't stand it in either place but feel compelled to go for the deals!! :D

Funny! I kinda feel the same with Tuesday Morning too...

Does Spags still exist in MA? I remember going there with my parents as a kid....kinda the same feel.

ett
09-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Funny! I kinda feel the same with Tuesday Morning too...

Does Spags still exist in MA? I remember going there with my parents as a kid....kinda the same feel.

I don't find Tuesday Morning to be as bad as Building 19 or Ocean State Job Lot. Maybe because it's smaller so I don't feel as overwhelmed.

fortato
09-11-2010, 10:57 AM
We call Bldg. 19 "The Crap Store". I hate going with Jack because he wants to touch stuff, and that store just feels DIRTY.... But- you never know what you will find, and if you need an area rug, they have a great selection, and a good steam cleaning takes care of them.

There are levels of crap stores here in New England- You've got Bldg. 19 as the lowest, and then Ocean State Job Lot and Odd Lots, then Christmas Tree Shop.... It's funny... they are the crappiest stores, but they are ALWAYS busy. ALWAYS. I think they should turn Christmas Tree Shop into a Retirement home too. I tend to be the youngest person there whenever I go.

Twoboos
09-11-2010, 10:57 AM

Ahhhh, Spag's. I grew up in Spag's, loved it. Where else would you find the screws next to the soap next to the sweatshirts next to the paint? :) My mom would take us, and drop me & my brother off in the toy/book section while she shopped. I can't even IMAGINE doing that now!!

Spag's is now Bldg 19. <sniffle> I actually heard that location might close.

alien_host
09-12-2010, 06:51 PM
We call Bldg. 19 "The Crap Store". I hate going with Jack because he wants to touch stuff, and that store just feels DIRTY.... But- you never know what you will find, and if you need an area rug, they have a great selection, and a good steam cleaning takes care of them.

There are levels of crap stores here in New England- You've got Bldg. 19 as the lowest, and then Ocean State Job Lot and Odd Lots, then Christmas Tree Shop.... It's funny... they are the crappiest stores, but they are ALWAYS busy. ALWAYS. I think they should turn Christmas Tree Shop into a Retirement home too. I tend to be the youngest person there whenever I go.

Whenever I go to the CTS, DH says, "so what did you get in your "bag-o-crap"? I do love CTS though...so much cleaner than Bldg 19!

Check out Five Below (www.fivebelow.com) gals...another "bag-o-crap" store in MA/NE!

Corie
09-14-2010, 01:04 PM
I also got a bunch of pencils... They had birthday Tiaconderoga for 79 cents for 12, I figured they might make good b'day treat (we can't send food). They also had Happy 100th day of school ones.

If you happen to get back to Building 19 :) , will you see if they have
any more of the birthday Tiaconderoga pencils?

I would love to pass these out for birthday treats at school. We also have
a "No Edible Treats" policy. These would be perfect!

I can paypal you money for the pencils and shipping!

Thanks!

alien_host
09-14-2010, 01:35 PM

Thanks!

Sure, I have to go return my Camp Rock Funtainer since I found a shrek one at Target. I'll let you know later in the week...how many pencils would you need?

Twoboos
09-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Hey AH, what Bldg 19 did you find the pencils in?

And btw, I'd never heard of it before but now I am going to have to find my local Five Below. Thanks a lot. ;)

billysmommy
09-14-2010, 05:34 PM
My first Cabbage Patch Kid came from Spags, my best friend's dad waited in line all night to get us each one for Christmas that year :)

They just opened a Five Below in Natick last week, across from the Natick Collection, next to Dick's Sporting Goods. We drove by today on our way to gymnastics and they had lots of soccer balls, basketballs and footballs outside in bins for $3 and $4

YouAreTheFocus
09-14-2010, 05:50 PM
There are levels of crap stores here in New England- You've got Bldg. 19 as the lowest, and then Ocean State Job Lot and Odd Lots, then Christmas Tree Shop....

This brings me back to my childhood...my mom LOVED these stores (well, still does, but I'm not there to be subjected to them anymore). A couple others I recall were Mr. Amazing & Railroad Salvage. I agree w/ the dusty/dirty comments. I remember going to these places always made me feel itchy.

alien_host
09-14-2010, 05:52 PM

Thanks!

Ok, I just checked my pencils and receipt. The birthday ones are 99 cents for 12. They seem slightly "fatter" than regular pencils. I guess the 100th day of school ones were 79 cents. Weird. Just let me know how many you need and I'll take a look.

Corie
09-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Ok, I just checked my pencils and receipt. The birthday ones are 99 cents for 12. They seem slightly "fatter" than regular pencils. I guess the 100th day of school ones were 79 cents. Weird. Just let me know how many you need and I'll take a look.

How much "fatter" are the birthday pencils?

I thought they'd be cool for my DD in 3rd grade but if the pencils
are too big, then the kids will think they are babyish. What do you think?

And, are the 100th day of school pencils "fatter" too?

alien_host
09-14-2010, 10:20 PM
How much "fatter" are the birthday pencils?

I thought they'd be cool for my DD in 3rd grade but if the pencils
are too big, then the kids will think they are babyish. What do you think?

And, are the 100th day of school pencils "fatter" too?

The b'day ones are slightly over 1/4 inch diameter. The 100th are def. Fat...3/8th diameter.
The bday are slightly fatter than a reg. pencil, they don't seem babyish, but the 100th seem a little goofy, honestly I didn't realize until I opened the box. Still cute though.

alien_host
09-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Corie, if you PM me your email addy, I'll send a pic :)

Corie
09-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Corie, if you PM me your email addy, I'll send a pic :)

Thank you!! Doing that now...