PDA

View Full Version : Addiing a phone, how AT&T mobile works

jacksmomtobe
09-09-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm wondering what is the best way to go about adding a phone for me to DH's contract with AT&T wireless. I'm guessing we will have to start the contract over again but he has way too many minutes on his current plan (1 more yr to go) and my contract has been up for a while. I think we will end up paying less for both of us by combining. Should I call them, order through the web or go to an AT&T Store? I'm trying to figure out which way would be easiest and more importantly which way would get us potentially the best deal. Any insight people have on AT&T would be helpful.

Thanks!
Kim

Sandy
09-09-2010, 06:55 PM
I would recommend that you switch DH's plan to a family talk plan and add a phone for you as a secondary line and you would be able to share the minutes. You should be able to switch rate plans without have to extend your contract (I verified it on their website, see below). You can call in or do it online. If he has a data plan also that you will be changing then I believe you will need to call in to do that.

Here is a good support link that has links to FAQ that may answer some of your questions.

http://www.wireless.att.com/support/content.do?page=rate-plan-support

**Customers who change rate plans to any one of the company's standard wireless plans during the course of their contract will not be asked to extend their existing contract or enter into a new contract.**

codex57
09-09-2010, 06:55 PM
There should be a way to do it in all 3 methods. However, if you're combining, it's just complicated enough that I'd want to either go to a store or talk over the phone to a rep about it rather than risk doing it over the web.