PDA

View Full Version : Going to a farm...twin stroller or wagon?

AJP
09-09-2010, 09:43 PM
My sil and I are taking our kids (my 2yr old twins her 2 1/2 yr old) to a farm tomorrow. There is a corn maze, animals, playground etc. Would you take them in a stroller or wagon? The place isn't huge but I can't have them running wild and my sil is pg and will be tending to her ds. I will probably be doing a lot of in and outs with whichever we take but need to contain them in something! I also have harnesses that we can use. If they listened or had self control I'd be fine, but then again they wouldn't be two!!!
Dh and I took them to a similar place but smaller and as soon ad they realized they could see/touch the baby animals they wanted no part of sitting. Aside from staying home (lol) what would you do?

tmahanes
09-09-2010, 09:55 PM
I think stroller so you can strap them in if you need to!

Octobermommy
09-09-2010, 10:43 PM
you would get super cute pictures in the wagon but if you are at all worried about them not staying in the wagon the. I would take the stroller.

gatorsmom
09-09-2010, 10:47 PM
I think the stroller would be best but ONLY if you have an all- terrain type stroller. You'lll need something with preferably air-tires on it because the small plastic tires of an umbrella stroller will get stuck in the yard or mud and just generally be terrible to push. If you dont' have an all terrain, then I'd go with the wagon.

twowhat?
09-09-2010, 10:50 PM
You are brave:) The last time DH and I tried something similar, we felt like we needed a THIRD person to guard the stroller and all our stuff while DH ran after DD1 and I ran after DD2. You'll need the harnesses for sure!

I vote for taking whatever your kids prefer to sit in. If they love to sit in the wagon, by all means take the wagon! Then they'll be more likely to stay put. The wagon might be more enjoyable, as they can see out and all around, but it depends on your kids.

Good luck! I want to hear how it went:)

WatchingThemGrow
09-09-2010, 10:51 PM
yep, air tires and sunshades would be key IME

scriptkitten
09-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Whichever your kids would tolerate for longer. We've used a stroller at those types of things.

AJP
09-09-2010, 11:26 PM
We do have air tires in our valco. The wagon has seatbelts with the little flip up seat-backs so they have a little seat and can be locked in. The stroller might win b/c of space for gear and sunshade. Thanks for your opinions! Oh and when we took them to he other little farm/zoo place we had a stroller AND harnesses lol.