PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use baby feeders?

BabyBearsMom
09-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Did anyone use something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Designs-2-U-Baby-Safe-Feeder/dp/B00074FY9Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1284127782&sr=8-2

At what age can you use something like this? How hard is it to clean? Any other thoughts about it?

tmahanes
09-10-2010, 10:22 AM
We started using it about 5 months.... you have to make sure you turn the bag inside out and get the seam clean so it is a little difficult to clean. We have Munchkin ones from Target.

SnuggleBuggles
09-10-2010, 10:47 AM
We have the one pp has too. Really liked it. Sometimes you had to soak it to get certain foods out but it was worth the hassle. We started at 6m, when we started other solids. What I LOVED it for was teething relief. I'd put something like frozen peach slices in it and let him gnaw on it. He'd get some nutrition while getting the cool relief and he got the pressure that could help the tooth come in faster.

Beth

tmahanes
09-10-2010, 10:53 AM
We have the one pp has too. Really liked it. Sometimes you had to soak it to get certain foods out but it was worth the hassle. We started at 6m, when we started other solids. What I LOVED it for was teething relief. I'd put something like frozen peach slices in it and let him gnaw on it. He'd get some nutrition while getting the cool relief and he got the pressure that could help the tooth come in faster.

Beth

B loves peaches in it..... just a heads up though.... fresh unfrozen ones make a GIGANTIC mess!!!! Juice everywhere!!! :D

sweet_pea
09-10-2010, 08:19 PM
We used the one you linked to, OP. I think we started around 5 or 6 months. It was great, because DD wasn't into solids at all until 10-11 months, but she did like to chew some of the things we put in the mesh feeder. Apples worked best for us. Some other fruit make a big mess. I used a clean toothbrush to get the food out of the holes, but I found that eventually the mesh bag had to be replaced since it got some threads coming out at the seam.

fedoragirl
09-11-2010, 10:23 PM
We use this, as well. We got the non-name brand ones from BRU (4 in a pack for $11). I wash the bags by hand. They are extremely useful during teething. DD loves to chew on watermelon, especially if it's chilled. I have given her tons of fruit in it if I was afraid that she would choke on it if I diced it.

BayGirl2
09-12-2010, 01:14 AM
Liked it, but it was very messy.

I read somewhere (Amazon?) to soak the mesh in oxiclean to get dissolve the little pieces.

BabyBearsMom
09-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks! I am definitely going to get one for DD, she is always trying to take over the spoon when we feed her, so I think she will love the control that this offers.

♥ms.pacman♥
09-13-2010, 11:16 AM
i have the Sassy one, and it's cool bc it' has a cooler in it to keep fruits cold. anyway, am abt to try it with DS and am excited about it. though i can see how it can get messy though.