PDA

View Full Version : Play Kitchens! Any good deals on play kitchens or recommendations?

irish06
09-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi,
I am trying to get my Christmas shopping done early. Our third baby is due around Thanksgiving. I want to get a play kitchen for my 2yr DD and my 3 1/2 DS to play with I want one that has nothing on the back of it so I can have it pushed up against the was for easy storage space. I also want it to be something fun for both of them where they can interact but not be on top of each other. I would appreciate any recommendations that you have and if you know of any great deals. I mean do you like the kidcraft wooden ones, the fisher price ones, step 2, or any other?

Thank you Lisa

eac
09-10-2010, 02:29 PM
has the step 2 one --- the perfect sized one. not too big, not too small. we've had the same exact one as theirs for about 5 years! still looks new. costco's was $116

Mommy2Abby
09-10-2010, 03:17 PM
we have the kidkraft pink retro kitchen and it's awesome. we got it through amazon based on some recommendations in a thread on this board (if you search the board, you'll probably find several chains on it).

it's a fraction of the PBK kitchen price, and is just as nice, if not even better.

we had the fisher price grow with me plastic kitchen first, but it was so basic and none of the M&D play food (e.g., pizza, cupcakes, etc.) fit in any of the doors there.

jenandbrandon
09-10-2010, 03:29 PM
We have the Step 2 LifeStyle Dream Kitchen (http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1283) and absolutely LOVE it!

3isthelimit
09-10-2010, 03:37 PM
We had the Kidcraft Large Pastel Kitchen set up against a wall in our kitchen for a while. (That's before I got the chance to get the really nice handmade wooden kitchen that I had as a child from my mother. Otherwise, we would still have it.) We liked the kidcraft one alright, except that one of the doors came off early on and we never fixed it.
I would prefer wood over plastic.
I got it from walmart at Christmas-time with a kidcraft mixer accessory for right around $100 shipped.

peanut520
09-10-2010, 09:46 PM
i was eyeing the step 2 play kitchen at costco but i wasnt sure i could get a better deal elsewhere. it was 129 and it came with play food.

zag95
09-10-2010, 10:27 PM
we have the Step 2 Lifestyle Play Kitchen that Santa brought last Christmas! DD will be 3 end of Jan, and totally loves it! It came with food and pots/pans. Got it at Costco for about 120 or less