PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Birthday Party Questions

shawnandangel
09-11-2010, 12:59 PM
I want to get an inflatable for DD's birthday party. She really loves them, especially the slides and ball pits. The party rental place offers a package where you get a free concession machine with your purchase.

here are the options:

Snocone machine
Popcorn machine
Cotton Candy machine

Okay, I know not to get popcorn for toddlers due to aspiration risk. Which of the other two would you choose? I was leaning towards the cotton candy machine and giving every kid a bag as their "goody" instead of the bag o'crap. If I don't get the package and just buy the inflatable by itself it comes out to be like $5 cheaper. I feel like I'm getting ripped off without the concession machine iykwim

kids will be between age 2 and 10

Question #2:
I can get an inflatable ball pit for $125
or an inflatable jump for $160
or get a combo jump and slide for $255

all inflatables rent for 4 hours. DD's favorite thing about inflatables are the slides. I would love to get a slide but it's sooo much more. What would you do?

LMPC
09-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Hee hee -- our kids are exactly the same age!!

I would go for the inflatable -- honestly, I think your DD will be so excited about the bouncy castle in her backyard, that she really won't notice there's no slide. The combo does seem like a lot of money -- but then again, I'm old school when it comes to bday parties (bring out the cupcakes and pin the tail on the donkey...and call it a party KWIM?). For my DD, I would do the sno-cones, only because she is mad for icepops and just cold things in general. But I really like the idea of the cotton candy being the take home gift.

Have a great party!

Mommy_Again
09-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Snow Cones might be the messier of the two options...cotton candy gets all over the face, but Snow Cones get all over the clothes. Adults would probably like Cotton Candy better, too (I would!).

Only thing to consider with the bounce house is will the bigger kids get in the way of the toddlers? Sometimes they can be so rough in bouncers without realizing it.

belovedgandp
09-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Cotton candy is a nasty mess for the person making it. So, while it would be my choice as a parent attending the party. You better have someone willing to get coated in sugar nastiness.

Not sure where you are, but I would also ask around. Those prices are way high for all but the biggest around here. Craigslist has a ton of rentals. I've paid 40-100 and have it at least 24 usually 48 hours.