PDA

View Full Version : Any good deals on K-cups lately?

happymom
09-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Its time to restock my k-cup stash, and I was sondering if there were any good deals around. I checked Amazon subscribe and save (never used it before) but it seemed like they don't have many flavors.

Thanks!

ang79
09-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Ooh, I'll be watching this thread. DH just got me a Keurig for my B-Day and it only came with 12 k-cups, so I want to get more soon. I'm partial to the flavored coffees.

Since I'm not sure which kinds I like yet, I'd like to get some sampler packs. Does Kohl's, Bed Bath and Beyond, or Target sell the variety packs in store?

willow33
09-12-2010, 02:23 PM
www.shoffee.com has most of the brands/flavors and some of the best prices and free shipping if you buy a certain $ amount.

Just a FYI...Green Mountain Coffee has announced that they will be raising their k-cup prices. Not sure when, but you may want to stock up if you like their flavors.

ETA: Here's the article
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/green-mountain-coffee-roasters-inc-announces-price-increase-2010-09-07

Looks like they will increase Oct 11th and will go up 10-15% over several months.

marymoo86
09-12-2010, 03:50 PM
I usually get mine through Costco and Amazon. Usually Amazon has some flavor of kcups on their friday sale so routinely I've seen Coffee People, Green Mtn, Timothy's for $20-$23 for a 24 or 25 pack 2 count (48/50) pack.

BabyH
09-12-2010, 04:53 PM
If you john green mtn's Cafe Express club (it's free) you get all sorts of perks. I'm now a Platinum member and save $2.50/box of K cups!

mnosky1
09-13-2010, 07:25 AM
I usually do BB&B with a coupon or Kohls when I get a 30% off with their 15/20/30 deals for cc holders. I had checked prices everywhere when i first got it but i know the cup counts have decreased so these might not be the best deals anymore. I know amazon has deals on Fridays but that is the one day I am not near a computer. I did subscribe and save once but the prices seem higher now except for the boxes with the loose cups which get lots of bad reviews so I've been afraid to try those. I'll be watching this thread with interest!

westerbeck
09-13-2010, 09:39 AM
If you haven't done so already, you should register your coffee maker online at Keurig.com. They give you a great deal on the first purchase--2 free boxes of k-cups with the purchase of 2. Plus you get a free sampler for purchasing a certain amount of boxes. I think it is for every 2 or 3.

cbscherer
09-13-2010, 10:10 AM
I usually do BB&B with a coupon or Kohls when I get a 30% off with their 15/20/30 deals for cc holders. I had checked prices everywhere when i first got it but i know the cup counts have decreased so these might not be the best deals anymore. I know amazon has deals on Fridays but that is the one day I am not near a computer. I did subscribe and save once but the prices seem higher now except for the boxes with the loose cups which get lots of bad reviews so I've been afraid to try those. I'll be watching this thread with interest!

Kohls has kohls cash starting this wednesday. my flyer says the k-cups will be on sale for 9.99 If you use a 30 percent coupon that brings them down to 6.99 a piece for a box of 18 (I think), plus if you buy 50 you get 10 back. You will need a kohls charge card to make this work (and if you do not get the coupon by mail, you'll need to buy online and qualify for free shipping). HTH

ang79
09-13-2010, 10:13 AM
If you haven't done so already, you should register your coffee maker online at Keurig.com. They give you a great deal on the first purchase--2 free boxes of k-cups with the purchase of 2. Plus you get a free sampler for purchasing a certain amount of boxes. I think it is for every 2 or 3.

Is it cheaper to buy the sampler boxes on the Keurig site or at BB&B? I do have that deal for registering it, but thought maybe I would buy some locally and try to figure out what I like before getting 4 boxes from the Keurig site!

Smillow
09-13-2010, 10:23 AM
I did subscribe and save once but the prices seem higher now except for the boxes with the loose cups which get lots of bad reviews so I've been afraid to try those. I'll be watching this thread with interest!

I haven't had a problem with the S&S 50 count loose k-cup boxes - I've ordered at least 3.

Beth24
09-13-2010, 02:02 PM
I haven't had a problem with the S&S 50 count loose k-cup boxes - I've ordered at least 3.

Me either. Great deal if you like the available flavors.

prego08
09-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Me either. Great deal if you like the available flavors.

I think the Amazon frustration free packaging subscribe and save cups are the best deal. With the subscribe and save discount, you can get 50 cups for around $17-18...free shipping and no tax...around 35 cents per cup! I've gotten several boxes with no complaints. Actually, I've gotten one box where one of the cups had somehow was pierced open, and coffee grounds were everywhere. Amazon did a 25% partial refund on that box.

ang79
09-13-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm not a S&S member at Amazon yet. Can I see which flavors they have available for this program before I sign up?

Smillow
09-13-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm not a S&S member at Amazon yet. Can I see which flavors they have available for this program before I sign up?
Yes! The item description will have a pale blue box telling you the S&S price (not all k-cups are available this way) and then to the left there is another pale blue box where you subscribe:

Kona Blend K-cups (http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-People-Brewers-Frustration-Free-Packaging/dp/B002L41Y8A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1284428963&sr=8-3)

HTH!

jamesmom
09-14-2010, 11:28 AM

Thanks for this info! I just did that after registering our new Keurig!

BabyH
09-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Is it cheaper to buy the sampler boxes on the Keurig site or at BB&B? I do have that deal for registering it, but thought maybe I would buy some locally and try to figure out what I like before getting 4 boxes from the Keurig site!

The sampler boxes they send you from Keurig are their choice. Usually it's mostly dark roasts. I've done it twice. I'm tellin' ya -- check out greenmountaincoffee.com - you won't be sorry. LOTS of great sampler packs.

BabyH
09-14-2010, 02:28 PM
I think the Amazon frustration free packaging subscribe and save cups are the best deal. With the subscribe and save discount, you can get 50 cups for around $17-18...free shipping and no tax...around 35 cents per cup! I've gotten several boxes with no complaints. Actually, I've gotten one box where one of the cups had somehow was pierced open, and coffee grounds were everywhere. Amazon did a 25% partial refund on that box.

Amazon S&S is cheaper than the Green Mtn Cafe Express - I get 96 cups for about $40, w/ free shipping. However, the variety of brands and flavors is much better at Green Mtn. Plus, they have a charitable flavor called "Heifer Hope" -- I mean, c'mon now, who doesn't like helping cows? :ROTFLMAO:

ang79
09-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Was at Kohl's today and they have boxes of 16 and 18 on sale for $9.99. Looks like the same sale is online as well (you have to add it to your cart to see the sale price, normal price is $11.99). You can use the 15/20/30% off coupon starting today if you have a Kohls card (and sometimes you can use two codes online). Unfortunately, I want a sampler pack and they didn't have any of those. Since I just got my Keurig I still need to find the kinds I like and am hesitant to commit to an 18 count box before trying in advance!

Smillow
09-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Wolfgang Puck k-cups are now on S&S for Amazon - $19.55 for 48. I might try these next time I order. Has anyone had the WP k-cups?

willow33
09-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Wolfgang Puck k-cups are now on S&S for Amazon - $19.55 for 48. I might try these next time I order. Has anyone had the WP k-cups?

They are wonderful! I bought the sampler pack and have really enjoyed all of them. I plan to order some more again.

eska
09-17-2010, 08:38 PM
The best deal I've gotten is at BBB: 2 boxes that cost $9.99, and use a $5 off of $15 coupon. Comes to $7.50 for a box of 18 k-cups. Their selection is not what Keurig's site has, but it's pretty big.