PDA

View Full Version : TMI? Colostrum at 8 months pregnant??

luckytwenty
09-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Isn't this early?? I was at a kids' museum today and I felt a burning sensation in my breasts that I haven't felt in about 4 years!! I didn't leak enough to have it show up in my bra, but I have a kind of "milky" smell. I'm only 32 weeks...isn't this kind of early for colostrum??

LadyPeter
09-12-2010, 07:22 PM
I have no idea; I'm a first-timer. But we're due about the same time and I've been having that burning feeling as well. I wondered if it was milk-related...so I'll be watching this thread!

WolfpackMom
09-12-2010, 07:24 PM
I had it from 6 or 7 months. Not lots but def ended up a bit, um, crusty. :p

daisymommy
09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
The more children you have, the earlier and earlier it happens. With my babe #3 it was at about 7 months. By the time I hit 40 weeks I was having to wear nursing pads because I was leaking milk!

lowrioh
09-12-2010, 09:57 PM
I started producing at around 27 weeks but it isn't very much.

bostonsmama
09-12-2010, 10:10 PM
I've had crusty spots the size of erasers dead center on the insides of my bras for a couple weeks now. Right after a workout the other day some orange "goo" leaked out of the right nipple...and that was at 29wks. This is my first pg to make it this far, but my 6th pg overall. I have no idea if that has anything to do w/ it, but I'm def gearing up for milk production. ;)

♥ms.pacman♥
09-12-2010, 10:54 PM
The more children you have, the earlier and earlier it happens. With my babe #3 it was at about 7 months. By the time I hit 40 weeks I was having to wear nursing pads because I was leaking milk!

this is interesting. with DS (got to 38 wks b4 he came out) i had no leaking whatsoever, even tho i was totally preparing for it. now i totally wonder what it will be like this time around, especially now that i'll have recently weaned DS.

swissair81
09-13-2010, 04:03 AM
It happened to me in previous pregnancies, but not this one. I think that might be because I only stopped breastfeeding DS in the middle of March. All systems were already working, I think.

BabyBearsMom
09-13-2010, 10:31 AM
I had that around week 34 to week 40. I think it is pretty normal

liamsmom
09-13-2010, 10:35 AM
I had that around week 34 to week 40. I think it is pretty normal

:yeahthat: I don't remember what specific week, but I think I was about 7 or 8 months pregnant when mine came in. Someone (not sure if it's a credible source or not) told me it's a good sign and milk production shouldn't be a problem.

luckytwenty
09-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks, guys--I am SO glad to hear this is normal!! You'd think by the third preganncy I'd have had every symptom but this one is new to me for sure.

gcc2k
09-15-2010, 04:14 PM
I was changing in to my sports bra for the gym yesterday and noticed my right areola was flaky and dry. I had heard about possible early colostrum production so I gave my nipple a squeeze and a tiny drop of bright golden liquid came out. Today I was able to squeeze a tiny drop from both nipples. Surprise!! I am 2 days shy of 24 weeks!

I read a little about it last night and it seems normal, but I fell like it's really early already. Does this mean I'll be leaking all over by the 38-40 weeks? :( On one hand it's exciting to see that my body is working and doing what it's supposed to, but on the other hand I'm a little grossed out. I told DH about it just to warn him, and he didn't seem to mind too much. Hopefully I won't need those breast pads until DS comes!

On another note, any suggestions for a great cream or lotion for dry areolas?

luckytwenty
09-16-2010, 10:50 AM
On another note, any suggestions for a great cream or lotion for dry areolas?

I think any of the nursing creams (Lanisoh) would be good for that.

I'm not sure you have to worry about getting progressively milkier as the pregnancy progresses--but then again, this is new to me. I haven't had much more of it since I orginally posted.