PDA

View Full Version : Certain TMI - Charlie horses in my groin

LadyPeter
09-12-2010, 07:57 PM
File this under "Things you ask strangers on the internet, instead of people who know you."

For the last two days I've been having charlie horses / muscle spasms in my groin area, mostly on the right side. They're extremely painful, and seem to happen only when I'm walking. I think it's because I foolishly wore high heels to my baby shower...my husband thinks it's a sure sign of IMPENDING LABOR. (He thinks everything is, though.)

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestion of what it might be? I'm wondering if round ligament pain (or any other kind of ligament pain) might make its presence known down there.

MSWR0319
09-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Sounds exactly like the round ligament pain I had with DS! It's a lovely feeling isn't it :wink2:

luckytwenty
09-13-2010, 11:47 AM
I haven't had that--ouch!!! Sorry!

MSWR0319
09-13-2010, 12:29 PM
I just remembered that I used to get them pretty bad when I would stand up too quickly from my chair. If I took it easy and walked kinda slow at first I didn't get them as often! My midwife said they're just a sign that your ligaments are stretching.

Tanya
09-13-2010, 01:07 PM
I just remembered that I used to get them pretty bad when I would stand up too quickly from my chair. If I took it easy and walked kinda slow at first I didn't get them as often! My midwife said they're just a sign that your ligaments are stretching.

Same here. Especially early in my pregnancy, I had to be careful how quickly I stood up or I'd be doubled over from the round ligament pain. Mine got better, but I think it had more to do with NOT being able to stand up quickly anymore. Ha ha.

However, I've noticed with this pregnancy that I have to be really careful about stretching my legs (pointing toes) or I get a bad cramp in my calf really easily. As soon as I start stretching, I have to catch myself and bend my foot back towards my leg immediately or I'll be in pain.

And then there is the rib pain and the baby bonking his head on my pelvis and the middle of the night back spasms...I feel so much older this time around. I was doing well and enjoying pregnancy, but either my age or carrying twins or both has/have taken their toll.