PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE below! Sad drop off

hillview
09-13-2010, 08:42 AM
DS2 would not separate with me at school today so the teacher took him crying. SO SO sad mama here :(

I am sure he is fine etc just feeling sad.
/hillary

arivecchi
09-13-2010, 08:48 AM
So sorry! That is sad. I am gearing up for the first p-school drop-off tomorrow and I would be sad if that happened too. Hopefully, your DS will have a good day at school today and tomorrow will be much easier. Hugs!

boogiemomz
09-13-2010, 09:10 AM
So sorry, mama. I'm so not looking forward to that day! Hope he has a good day at school and the drop-offs get better soon. :hug:

gatorsmom
09-13-2010, 09:12 AM
That is so hard. I understand completely.:hug:

Though, you know, Cha Cha today and so far this year gives me a kiss at drop off and then turns around immediately to go play. I can't believe my little momma's boy is growing up and not needing me as much. :crying:

Its so hard watching them transition to the different stages, isn't it?

scrooks
09-13-2010, 10:29 AM
:( I'm sad for you. We had a VERY similar drop off on DD's first day of school last week...I don't know if this will give you hope or make you feel a little sad but DD hopped out of the car today (2nd day of school) and went on in without a single tear. It almost made me feel worse but I was very proud of her. I hope your drop offs start getting better soon!

edurnemk
09-13-2010, 10:34 AM
:grouphug: I know, it feels awful, DS didn't cry the first week at all, but then the second week started saying "I don't want to go to school, I want to stay at home with you" and things like that, I felt terrible, even though once we get to his school he gets all excited and has a great day, but the mornings are heartbreaking.

Most kids are fine after a couple minutes, odds are he's having a great time right now, I think it's harder on the moms (I did cry the first day of pre-school!).

smilequeen
09-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Hugs. My oldest had days like that pretty often. He was always fine as soon as I was out of sight though.

crl
09-13-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm so sorry. DS was like that, but fine as soon as I was gone. Once he thought I had left, but I hadn't gotten out the door yet and he was happily engaged.

Catherine

ellies mom
09-13-2010, 12:02 PM
:hug: My oldest cried at drop-off for almost a year. It was pretty heartbreaking. But thanks to a lovely teacher who took a picture of her on the first day having a good time, I knew that she wasn't crying the entire time. But it was still really hard. What worked for me was to head over to the coffee shop and drink a leisurely cup of coffee before I went to school.

hillview
09-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Update -- at pick up his teacher said he was sad for a minute then was fine :) :) SO SO much better than with DS1 -- hope tomorrow is same or better!
/hillary

mommylamb
09-13-2010, 12:33 PM
DS has been in full day daycare since he was 6 months old, and every once in a while, we still h ave those days (though mostly he's happy to be there and is right into some toy or game the moment we step through the door). And, then there are the days when I get there to pick him up and he doesn't want me to be there because he is in the middle of something and he will tell me to go home, he wants to stay. Those break my hear too.

sidmand
09-13-2010, 01:24 PM
:hug: My oldest cried at drop-off for almost a year. It was pretty heartbreaking. But thanks to a lovely teacher who took a picture of her on the first day having a good time, I knew that she wasn't crying the entire time. But it was still really hard. What worked for me was to head over to the coffee shop and drink a leisurely cup of coffee before I went to school.

:yeahthat:

Except it is DD at daycare. And just in the last few weeks she runs in happily, sits in the DCP's lap and turns to me and waves and says "bye-bye." But it took pretty much a whole year. And I imagine that it's going to happen all over again anywhere she goes. I have definitely cried myself. And did so when I dropped DS at K and he was crying! But in both cases the teacher/DCP swore they had a good time after a couple of minutes so eventually I was able to leave without my own tears!

codex57
09-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Hahaha, DW just called me about 30 min ago venting about this same thing. She had to drop him off today late cuz of an appointment and she was all sad cuz he was crying and clingy. Still totally heartbroken even tho I tell her he always shuts up about a min after we're out of sight.

Mamma2004
09-13-2010, 09:39 PM
DS2 would not separate with me at school today so the teacher took him crying. SO SO sad mama here :(

I am sure he is fine etc just feeling sad.
/hillary

HUGE hugs to you, Hillary! DS is in 1st grade and absolutely loves school - every year - but...he sobs the first day EVERY YEAR. I am so glad that your DS had a good day! I hope tomorrow goes much more smoothly...