PDA

View Full Version : Funtainer Warranty, anyone return them?

Melaine
09-13-2010, 08:44 AM
So a couple months ago the funtainers that were less than a year old were suddenly leaking. Thermos finally sent replacement lids (although the wrong color which looks ridiculous) and that did solve the problem. However, now, the bottom on one has totally detached and the second one is loose. They said I can mail them back for repair/replacement. Has anyone done this? I'm wondering how much it would cost to mail them back (any guesses) and if it is worth it? Will they send me new ones? How long will it take? I'm torn. If I could find them at Target for 75% off I'd just do that but I'm pretty sure they are sold out at my local stores.

bnme
09-13-2010, 09:02 AM
I did. It took about 10 business days IIRC. Actually, I sent back 2 and then about a month later realized I hadn't heard back. So I emailed the person I originally contacted asking what to do and explained the situation. I had just sent them thorough the USPS with no receipt or anything. They said they had no record of having received them but sent me 2 anyway. I had sent them back for the cracked and broken bottoms. :thumbsup:

Melaine
09-13-2010, 09:04 AM
I did. It took about 10 business days IIRC. Actually, I sent back 2 and then about a month later realized I hadn't heard back. So I emailed the person I originally contacted asking what to do and explained the situation. I had just sent them thorough the USPS with no receipt or anything. They said they had no record of having received them but sent me 2 anyway. I had sent them back for the cracked and broken bottoms. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I'm going to try it. Useless without the bottom anyway!

kozachka
09-21-2010, 12:53 AM
I was wondering the same. The bottom came off on ours as well and we've had it for less than a year, and I even have a receipt. DS lost the bottom, which I kept trying to re-attach, wondering if it would be an issue, hope not.

How much did it cost to ship? How long did it take to get a replacement? Was it a new bottle or just a repaired one?

craftysierra
09-21-2010, 01:04 AM
I sent back 5 I think for around $10 prioroty mail so I had tracking (and did not have to find a box). It took about a month or a little more to get all of them back, but they were all new bottles with new lids! I was sending the back since the bottoms were comming off.

I was happy with the outcome and I now I remember I need to order more new lids my kids are hard on the lids.

Sierra

Melaine
09-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Well I shipped 2 for $7. Haven't gotten them back but it has not been 2 weeks yet.

carolinamama
09-21-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm lazy so take this how you will but I've not sent ours back for the bottoms coming off. I had DH reattach it with something - probably Gorilla Glue or the like. Haven't had any trouble since we did this 3-4 months ago. It was less work for me than mailing them. Like I said, I'm lazy about things like that. :)

Melaine
09-21-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm lazy so take this how you will but I've not sent ours back for the bottoms coming off. I had DH reattach it with something - probably Gorilla Glue or the like. Haven't had any trouble since we did this 3-4 months ago. It was less work for me than mailing them. Like I said, I'm lazy about things like that. :)

I don't know, that makes perfect sense to me. When I realized how much it cost to mail them back (not to mention going without while they are gone) you probably made a good choice.

Kyras mom
09-22-2010, 12:20 AM
We love funtainers. They are high-maintenance but they keep stuff cold for longer than any other container and don't leak. Of course we have bought replacement tops several times and have had to reattach the bottoms with silicone cement.....

DrSally
09-22-2010, 12:25 AM
I just contacted them b/c a fairly new one lost it's base. It was only a few months old and I always hand wash. They want us to send it to them to get a replacement. I'm not keen on paying shipping to send in their defective product, so it's sitting on my counter, unused.

ETA: I have bought replacement tops (dropped and broken) and straws from their website.

TonFirst
09-22-2010, 01:50 PM
We have about 10 of the cups and two of the funtainers and I've only had one bottom come off. Like the PP, I just used Gorilla Glue to reattach - after a conversation with one of their CS reps, that was actually their recommendation.

I have to say that I have only had great CS experiences with Thermos. They're located in Batesville, MS, near where my grandmother lives, and if you happen to be near Batesville on a Friday (it's about an hour south of Memphis, TN), stop by the factory. They have an outlet there and I bought a TON of the cups for $3/each.

DrSally
09-22-2010, 03:06 PM
I think I'm just going to try to reattach mine. So Gorilla Glue is better than liquid silicone. The glue that's on there now looks like liquid silicone.