PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! lovey of sorts-- children's place straw hat!!!

Seitvonzu
09-13-2010, 09:15 AM
I've often been perplexed by lovey posts in the past... really perplexed. my child is NOT a lovey sort of child, but in her 2.75 years of life she has formed a very unique attachment to ONE thing-- a hat i bought at children's place last year (it was part of the fancy easter line)-- it's white with a black grosgrain band. here is a picture for reference:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seitvonzu/4947274512/

it was NOT hard to find a picture of her in the hat. she puts in on her head all the time. she wants to wear it around our house, out , at meals WHENEVER. we insist she take it off while eating and have our eye on it ALL THE TIME least we lose the silly thing. i actually bought 2 , but we've been mysteriously down to one for a long time. we had a white banded one too, but she didn't attach to it like the black ribbon ones.

anyhow....here is the "oh, i get it" part-- this mornign she sticks the silly thing on her head and we head down to the basement for our pbs/mommy's breakfast time. while my child is perfectly capable of going up and down stairs without a hand...she likes one sometimes and requested it. i thought i could balance my plate on my arm, but NO-- it bumped my coffee and coffee went EVERYWHERE. thankfully, it was not that hot and my child was more surprised than anything, and i was depressed that we had to go change lu's clothes. we get upstairs before i realize-- THE HAT. coffee is all over the hat.

the white hat had to be washed once because it was in our stroller with EGGS at the dair and i collapsed the stroller and.... you know the rest. the hat has never been the same.

so i tried my best to only get the coffee-besmearched parts of the hat wet--but it was a LOT of the hat. i've very afraid that the hat will not wash, have to be tossed or not feel the same even if we get the stain out. my child had a complete meltdown about the hat the other day. and it's a very cute hat!

sorry to go on and on.... a quick perusal of ebay did NOT find the hat. or even a google :( lu's hat is 18-24 months, but i would LOVE To find even the bigger size. i dont' see her growing out of this soon. anyone have one hanging around in a closet that there kid wore for easter pictures and then scorned? i'm really desparate :( of course i immeadiately thought of this board :) thanks in advance!

pinkmomagain
09-13-2010, 10:12 AM
First of all, your dd is soooooooooo cute! Secondly, I don't have the hat. Thirdly, doesn't TCP have outlets? Maybe you can call around and see if one of the outlets has one in the back?

GL!!!

Seitvonzu
09-13-2010, 01:40 PM
thanks pinkmom :) i didn't think about the outlets...unfortunatley, i think the hat is 2 years old -- after i went looking through lu's whole closet i found the duplicate-- it was 6-12 month size! DARNIT!!!!! :(:(

DH thinks it will be okay. we'll see :( i still wish i could find a replacement somewhere...i've never seen another hat like that (we have a fancy janie & jack hat that is wide brimmed that lu won't wear at all :( )