PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Raidra
09-13-2010, 09:27 AM
How did you like the finale? The season, overall? Favorite character this season?

MelissaTC
09-13-2010, 09:29 AM
I thought this season was pretty good, especially compared to season 2. I was disappointed in the finale. I think they are treating the whole fairy thing in a very cheesy manner. I was very happy to see Alcide again. ;)

arivecchi
09-13-2010, 10:32 AM
SPOILER ALERT

I'm just glad that my beloved Eric did not die. :)

liamsmom
09-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Ditto on Alcide! I didn't care about the Jason sub-plot and couldn't wait for those scenes to end.

What's considered a spoiler after the show has aired? Just in case, don't look below if you don't want to know...

I'm unspoiled so I was really surprised about the revelations about Bill. I was thrilled Sookie dumped him--twice--this episode.

Raidra
09-13-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm unspoiled so I was really surprised about the revelations about Bill. I was thrilled Sookie dumped him--twice--this episode.

I was ridiculously excited about that scene. :) I'm a huge Eric fan and was so glad they didn't skimp on explaining Bill's actions/motives in first meeting Sookie. Loved Eric's lines and delivery in that scene. Drool.

Eric, Pam, and Jessica are usually my favorite characters.. I think they have the best lines. Russell was a great addition this season, he added such a wonderful dose of crazy, it was a lot of fun.

I will say that the beginnings of the Bill/Sophie fight scene were totally lame. That hovering in midair bit.. ugh.

Fairy
09-13-2010, 11:18 AM
The Bill/Sophie fight was cheesy, I didn't like how those were shot at all.

I am sad about the (curernt) demise of Bookie. I love Bookie. I forgive Bill. He loves her. She can be mad for a while, but then she needs to forgive him cuz he loves her and everything he's done is for her from almost right at the word go. And he was honest with her about what he'd done to Eric and why, and that's gotta count for something.

Loved the demise of Russell, but nothing was better than Sookie shoving whatshisname down the disposal, then the blonde over-glamored girl wiping out the crystal urn. Hysterical.

How did Eric get out of there?

I love Pam and Lafayette and Jessica best. It was so great to get a Jessica & Hoyt slice of happy at the end there. I hope they don't screw them up. Nice to see Hoyt man up for a change to his mama. Hate that woman.

Not happy about that baby sticking around for Arleen. That can't be good. and poor Terry. Just a bunch of ugh there.

Where'd Tara go off to? Maybe she's gone. She did nothing for me this season, and I feel like she's run her course. Same with Sam.

Seems Sookie is gonna be sleeping around next season. That's just the feeling get. But we have to wait till Summer?! That's insane! It's as bad as Galactica!

I really should NOT be online. Gotta get off now.

Raidra
09-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Loved the demise of Russell, but nothing was better than Sookie shoving whatshisname down the disposal, then the blonde over-glamored girl wiping out the crystal urn. Hysterical.

I forgot about Talbot's disposal.. that was awesome! I woke Niall up, I laughed so hard.

I think Eric was able to get out of the cement because he had been healed, he just had silver handcuffs on. In one of the books, he's able to escape a silver net thrown over him when they don't tie up the ends. Russell was severely incapacitated from being out in the sun, he probably didn't have the strength to get out.

I'll say that I really don't care for where they're taking Sam. He's such a good guy in the books, I don't like him having a 'bad' side.

3blackcats
09-13-2010, 08:23 PM

Pam came and got him. There is a scene where she is drying her hair complaining that she couldn't get all the cement out.

eda
09-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Did you guys see the creepy baby doll on the floor of Hoyt and Jessica's new house? I wonder if I'm reading to much into it.

Carrots
09-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Spoilers if you haven't seen the episode:

-
-
-

I thought this season was better than last season. I wasn't crazy about the final episode. The fairy/Claudine thing is extremely cheesy and has been this whole season IMO.

I love the Bill/Sookie break-up. I am not into Bill. I LOVE Eric, though and am very interested in Alcede. I am hoping Tara isn't back next season, because, as others have said, her character has run its course. I am not crazy about the direction Lafayette is going - he is not as funny as he used to be. I do like the addition of Jesus and witches. Jessica and Hoyt are great. Did I mention that I LOVE Eric?

I have read the books and if True Blood season 4 is anything like the 4th book, then it will be my FAVORITE season!!!!!!!

I was a bit shocked that Eric and Bill didn't bury Russel for longer. 100 years is a blink of an eye for a vampire. They will have a lot of crap to deal with when he gets out.

k_null81
09-13-2010, 10:26 PM
I saw that as well and it was creepy and I don't think you are reading to much into it. I think something will come of it next season. I also hope Hoyt's mom doesn't kill Jessica. I'm glad Hoyt finally took a stand.

Did you guys see the creepy baby doll on the floor of Hoyt and Jessica's new house? I wonder if I'm reading to much into it.

k_null81
09-13-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that picked up on that. The way Tara left Sookies house almost made it seem like she was leaving for good.

Where'd Tara go off to? Maybe she's gone. She did nothing for me this season, and I feel like she's run her course.

Raidra
09-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Good catch, can't believe I missed that!

Possible spoilers for next season, and the books -

I think the doll has something to do with the witches. I may be reading too much into it, but remember when Jessica says that the house smells funny? Magic leaves a smell, apparently.. when Bubba and Sookie are walking outside the witches' place in the book, they can smell the magic. I'm thinking that Jessica could smell the magic but didn't know what it means (since she's so new, and Bill hasn't taught her much).. and the doll may have something to do with that as well.

kboyle
09-13-2010, 11:49 PM
oooh...i didn't think of the "magic" smell from the books. the creepy doll gave me goosebumps and made me sad that in the next season something may happen to the Jessica/Hoyt happiness.

ugh...Bill...he just annoyed me throughout the whole season. But i'm a die hard Eric fan!

i hope tara is gone, she was too annoying to me...and it's possible for her to be gone since she is slightly a different Tara than the book Tara.

when Talbot got "disposed" off i laughed my ASS off!

i was "eh" about the whole season, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. i'm pretty sure that HBO signed on for 20 or so episodes for next season though...this short of the season sucked. i too hope that they follow book 4 a bit, but i doubt it since they hopped around so much in storylines in this season.

Fairy
09-14-2010, 12:10 AM

I did, and Ball doesn't film stuff as a throwaway. That means something. It was creepy.

wellyes
09-14-2010, 12:11 AM
I was a bit shocked that Eric and Bill didn't bury Russel for longer. 100 years is a blink of an eye for a vampire. They will have a lot of crap to deal with when he gets out.

Bill said "at least" 100 years. He's immobilized by silver and encased in concrete. And weakened by toasting in the sun. And he won't have access to any blood. Pretty much trapped there.

Anyone else watch Angel? I flashed back to that episode where they welded him shut in a box and dumped him deep in the ocean to starve and slowly go mad.

The Ghost of Godric - that was pretty "huh"? Like Obi Wan showing up to impart wisdom after being struck down Darth Vader. Also strange that Eric did the opposite of what he asked and seemed almost a bit self-loathing about it. Just not what I expected from that cool glass of water hanging out in old-man track suits that is Eric.

Anyway, Russell. I think they they wanted to keep a tiny crack open to maybe bring him back someday. Great actor, great character.

Fairy
09-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Honestly, I really believe that Bookie is end game, here. It may take forever, and she may sleep with alot of people, but I'm expecting that we'll get Bookie in the end.

codex57
09-14-2010, 05:12 AM
I forgot about Talbot's disposal.. that was awesome! I woke Niall up, I laughed so hard.

You've got kids named Lachlann and Niall? And you're a True Blood fan? Gotta love it. :thumbsup:

Raidra
09-14-2010, 08:49 AM
You've got kids named Lachlann and Niall? And you're a True Blood fan? Gotta love it. :thumbsup:

Yeah, and Niall's middle name is Edward. I can't take the blame for that one, though.. my husband picked it 'cause it's a family name. But it sure makes us look like die-hard vampire geeks, doesn't it? :)

3blackcats
09-15-2010, 08:30 PM
I did and thought that it was weird and must mean something.