PDA

View Full Version : Baby set for Tripp Trapp...why are we having problems?

brittone2
09-13-2010, 10:54 AM
I had a FP Healthy Deluxe high chair 6 years ago and then a Kinderzeat for DS1, and then DD used a Kettler Tipp Topp (which I did not love as she could stand up in it and wiggle out of the 3 pt harness).

For baby #3, I wanted a tripp trapp with a baby set. I got a great deal through one of the gap sales.

I've been using it with DS2. He's not eating solids yet but I've been pulling him up to the table. He's 5.5 months and I can barely squeeze him in the thing. He often cries when DH or I put him in :( I can't fathom how he'll fit in it in another few months. He currently weighs about 18 lbs so he isn't tiny but he's not *huge* either.

Is there a trick I'm missing? Is it easier when they can help hold their legs in the right position a little better? Maybe the old baby rail was better? I did read some reviews saying it was tough to get babies in the baby set but I didn't think we'd have this much trouble.

I love Stokke's chairs. I am a long time fan. But I've never used the baby set and I'm not wondering if we'll really be able to make it work until DS2 can use just the 5 pt harness.

Any feedback or advice?

fedoragirl
09-13-2010, 11:01 AM
We have a Tripp Trapp and never bought the baby set. I didn't realize that we should have gotten one till DD turned 7 months.
We did put her in it as soon as she was able to sit(5.5 months), and used the harness system it comes with. She pulls up right to the table. Never had any problems. We tried the baby set at our local BBB and realized it's a good thing we never bought it.
Have you tried putting your LO in it without the baby set? Use the harness directly, and make it snug so LO is not sliding around on the chair.

brittone2
09-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Hmmm...I could definitely try that. I'm not sure how well he'd do but it is worth giving it a whirl.

I seriously love Stokke products and have adored our KZ for 5-6 years now, but wow...not loving the baby set!!