PDA

View Full Version : favorite vitamix recipes?

zoestargrove
09-13-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't measure my ingredients...I just throw them all in and see what happens, but my favorite combinations are with spinach as the green base. (I use parsley, kale, tatsoi, chard, and romaine, but in smaller quantities because I find them bitter)

My usual fall back recipe is:

about 2-4 cups (large handfuls) of spinach
1 orange peeled
1 cup of water
handful of icecubes

I've added vanilla flavored almond milk instead of water to the above and it tastes kind of like an orange julius.

sometimes I throw in a handful of fresh pineapple, or a pear, 1/2 banana, a 1 inch chunk of ginger root, 1/4 avocado, flax or chia seeds.

If it needs to be sweeter, I throw in a date.

zoestargrove
09-13-2010, 02:10 PM
We harvested a ton of tomatoes this past week and they were starting to attract fruit flies so with all the vitamix talk on the other board, I was inspired to give it a go.

I threw together quickly 2 different soup bases that I froze and plan to use in lieu of canned tomatoes.

One will work well for chili, taco soup, chicken tortilla soup.

I filled up the blender with tomatoes, celery, onion, carrot, bell peppers, hot peppers, garlic and cilantro and pureed until smooth.

The next one will work well for tomato sauce, minestrone, or any of Italian flavored dish
tomatoes, carrot, celery, onion, garlic and basil and pureed until smooth.

zoestargrove
09-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I either put them in mason jars or plastic storage containers. You could also freeze in a ziplock bag.