PDA

View Full Version : Kids hangers

katydid1971
09-13-2010, 12:58 PM
I noticed today that DS's shirts are falling off the hanger I bought when he was still in my tummy :( . I need to find larger hanger but adult sized ones are still too big. Can you recommend an inexpensive but sturdy school aged kid's sized hanger. Thanks in advance.

niccig
09-13-2010, 03:10 PM
I bought a couple of packs of plastic tubing hangings at Babies R Us. DS is 5 yo and his clothes fit on. HTH

BabyMine
09-14-2010, 01:28 PM
We bought packs of kids hangers at Walmart.

tiapam
09-15-2010, 10:08 PM
I got some nice colorful ones at an Ikea store. They still work for DD's clothes.

BayGirl2
09-16-2010, 12:53 AM
The Ikea ones seem to be half way between baby size and regular size. They are cute and colorful and fit toddler cloths well. A little to big for tiny baby cloths.

Momit
09-16-2010, 09:43 AM
I like the colored Ikea ones too. They are a little bigger than the white baby clothes hangers from Target, BRU etc.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know where you can buy pants hangers for kids' clothes? I never seem to have enough, but haven't seen them for sale - I just ask to keep them when I buy pants for DS.

tiapam
09-16-2010, 10:39 AM
I like the colored Ikea ones too. They are a little bigger than the white baby clothes hangers from Target, BRU etc.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know where you can buy pants hangers for kids' clothes? I never seem to have enough, but haven't seen them for sale - I just ask to keep them when I buy pants for DS.

Pants hangers can get expensive so I mostly just use adult size ones for DC. I do use some that came with clothes and bought a few wood ones when a store was going out of business. If I was going to buy more adult ones I would probably get (also available in pink):

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10014371&N=&Nao=48&Ntt=hanger

But we have a store nearby so I would not have to pay shipping. CS also has lots of other hangers including plastic store type ones:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10022195&N=&Nao=48&Ntt=hanger

You can also buy clips for the Huggable type hangers that turn the regular hanger into a pants/skirt hanger.

SammyeGail
09-16-2010, 02:07 PM

Wish we had an Ikea around here!

I have bought wooden clamp pant hangers 3 for $1 at The Dollar Tree. Mine doesn't have any right now, they just get what comes on the truck.

They are great, I've never had any quality issues with them. No splinters, lol, they are coated with poly, probably made out of pine. I started buying them about 2 years ago, maybe longer.

So it might be worth stopping by or giving Dollar Tree a call!