PDA

View Full Version : What can my 18 mo DS wear to a memorial service?

catpagmo
09-13-2010, 02:51 PM
My brother passed away on Saturday. I need to get DS an appropriate outfit for the memorial service this week. The only things I can find are t-shirts or suits. I wanted something a touch more casual than a suit. Like khakis and a nice shirt, but I can't find anything.

It would need to be at a B&M store. I have looked at Target, Gymbo, Janie and Jack, Macy's and Dillards already.

(Asking in the lounge for more traffic.)

SnuggleBuggles
09-13-2010, 02:55 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

Baby Gap has plain button down shirts. Would those work? A polo shirt is another idea.

Beth

Gena
09-13-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. :hug:

Resale shops often have options for dressier clothes and many times they are hardly worn, so excellent condition. I've gotten all of my son's funeral clothes at resale shops.

TwinFoxes
09-13-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss. I was going to suggest Baby Gap as well. Do you have Kohls? They may have some. Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack would also be a good bet.

larig
09-13-2010, 03:32 PM
H&M had plain white button downs for $10.

ETA: so sorry for your loss and that you have to worry about this on top of it!

catpagmo
09-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks ladies. I'll check out the rack, and old navy, and kohl's, and if I have time, I may check the resale shop.

WolfpackMom
09-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Im so very sorry for your loss. :hug:

Old Navy is having their baby sale right now and twill chinos are on sale for $10 in khaki, navy, and grey. They also have lots of polos and some oxfords shirts and sweater vests (not sure where you are if a vest might be too hot).

LKMang
09-13-2010, 08:31 PM
So sorry about your brother :(

My mom passed away a couple months ago and my son was about 18 months at the time. He wore a plaid button down ss shirt and a pair of khaki shorts from kohls. Funny this was that we bought him a size 18 months and they ended up being way too big on him. DH made him a belt out of some rope to keep his pants from falling down!

catpagmo
09-14-2010, 05:25 PM
I ended up finding chinos at old navy, and a navy ralph lauren polo, so I think that'll work.

Thanks again, ladies!