PDA

View Full Version : How do you arrange playdates with "bus friends"?

sarahsthreads
09-13-2010, 04:50 PM
DD1 got off the bus today and very seriously asked if she could have a Danimals and sit down and talk something over with me. (How cute is that?) Well, the thing she wanted to talk about was that she wants to invite a friend from the bus over on Saturday.

Now, I'm all for trying to make new friends in our immediate neighborhood, but DD1 isn't even 100% sure of this girl's first name, let alone last name, doesn't know what grade she's in (could be anywhere from K-6, though more likely K-2 since there's currently arranged seating by grade on the bus)...and I have no idea how we'd arrange such a thing.

This is clearly important to her, so I don't want to dismiss it out of hand, but I have no idea where to go from here. WWYD?

Thanks,
Sarah :)

KrisM
09-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Can you give your DD a note to give to the other girl and put your name and phone/email in it and ask the other parent to give you a call about meeting up?

hillview
09-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Super cute -- like the idea Kris put out there
/hillary

sarahsthreads
09-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Can you give your DD a note to give to the other girl and put your name and phone/email in it and ask the other parent to give you a call about meeting up?

Yeah, that's what I initially thought. But first I've asked DD1 to ask her friend her name (at least her first name - she said she thought it was "Anna" but then later said she thought it started with a "C"...sigh) and what grade she's in.

If she can answer those two questions I'll entrust her with a note with my name and cell phone number and a request for a meet-up!

I do kind of want to make this work for her, because I know there are dozens of kids within walking distance of our house, but we don't actually know any of them. It would be nice for her to have a friend that's local enough not to have to get in the car to go visit!

Sarah :)