PDA

View Full Version : Dutailier Purchase - Help!

OctoberMommy2010
09-13-2010, 09:21 PM
I have been looking forward to purchasing a quality glider ever since I found out we were expecting! After researching a TON, I think we've decided to purchase a Dutailier. They are so comfy! We put one on our diapers.com registry, not really expecting anyone to purchase it (it's expensive.)

What is the best way to go about purchasing it? I think you only get 10% off remaining registry items, is that right? I got a 15% off coupon from my Parents magazine... will that work on the glider? It should also be free shipping, right? Could we get a better deal elsewhere? Thanks for your help!

Babymakes3
09-13-2010, 10:13 PM
I lucked out and found the exact color combination I wanted for my Dutailer on craigslist! If you don't mind it being used you might be able to find one there.

sewarsh
09-13-2010, 10:26 PM
not to throw a wrench in your plan, but we were going to get a dutailer but at last minute i ended up buying one of these:

http://www.target.com/s?keywords=lullaby+glider+rockr&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&ref=sr_bx_1_1&x=0&y=0

i LOVE LOVE LOVE it. absoltely zero signs of wear and used daily (and multi-daily) for 4 years now. The same compqny made the same chairs that were being sold at Bellini for $800-1000.

anatolia
09-13-2010, 10:32 PM
We bought ours at babycatalog.com. We used a 10% Dutalier specific online coupon, plus babycatalog 10% off online code and babycatalog own 10% membership discount. Since we did not need to pay the sales tax and shipping, babycatalog price was the best for us.

ThreeofUs
09-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Another vote for CL. We got ours with ottoman for $75 and had just seen it in the baby shops for $850.

div_0305
09-14-2010, 01:52 PM
If you want to only buy *brand new* which is what I wanted, after loads of searching for the best deal, I went with babycatalog.com. They had an online 10% code, plus 10% with a membership. The shipping from their in stock warehouse was lightning fast. DH is really tall and I am taller than average, so a high back Dutailier was our top choice.

lil_acorn
09-14-2010, 01:53 PM
another vote for babycatalog.com. I purchased my dutalier and several britax car seats from there.

lovebebes
09-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Im all about buying the expensive glider on CL for a good price but personally can't stand the obviously used cushions.

I was looking at them on CL and waiting to get my hands on a white wood one when a friend unexpectedly gave me hers. Hers is over 8 years old but was in great conditions-minus the cushions.

So after tons of searching I found these:

http://www.nurturecenter.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1492

I ordered mine and I couldnt love it more. My glider looks brand new and very nice, like it could be custom from Bellini or a high end baby boutique. I bought my slipcover in ivory and it looks gorgeous with white wood. I love the fact that I can remove it to wash it. So even though I think its $$-I think it is so worth it!

DebbieJ
09-14-2010, 03:10 PM
I got my awesome Shermag on CL. It didn't have an ottoman, but I don't miss it. I use a nursing stool and it's perfect.