PDA

View Full Version : RAVE: facetime on iphone & new ipod touch

larig
09-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Our best friends are having their first baby in a week or so and just got a new ipod touch and we tried out facetime for the first time! It was AWESOME! I am a total apple fan-girl, but I am not easily dazzled by technology or its cute tricks--I've video chatted and was surprised to be so impressed. facetime worked beautifully and easily. it would be a great way to keep in touch with grandparents who have trouble setting up the technology to make video chats on the computer work. Video was so clear, and the audio was fantastic. DF walked around their place and pointed the camera out the window, etc. it all looked really good considering how crappy some of our old-school video chats have looked.

If you can try it out, do it, it's AWESOME.

kboyle
09-13-2010, 11:51 PM
i've been meaning to get the new ipod touch...glad to hear you like it! i'll only have 1 person with an iphone 4 so i'll only be able to facetime with her, but i am excited to try!

larig
09-14-2010, 04:40 PM
I am really surprised I don't hear more about it as a selling point. It's really cool. You'll love it.

citymama
09-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Is FaceTime like video Skype? Can I use it on my iPhone? I just searched under apps and nothing came up.

Babymakes3
09-14-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm wondering what it is too!

If it's like a video type chat how does it work with the ipod since they don't have cameras? nm I just figured out the new ones have cameras, dangit I need an upgrade!