PDA

View Full Version : How has your CSA experience been this year?

WatchingThemGrow
09-14-2010, 07:15 AM
I think lots of people were keepin' on with theirs, switching, or trying it for the first time. Just curious to hear your thoughts. I'm going to ponder then review mine later today.

egoldber
09-14-2010, 08:01 AM
This was our second year with this CSA. I've never been involved with another one, so I have little to compare it to. :) Last week was our last week of the 16 week season, so I am a little sad about that.

One big thing is they moved our pick up point to a new slightly closer but MUCH more convenient location. It's between home and daycare and older DD's school, so it is very convenient.

Compared to last year we got a lot more food, especially a lot more peppers and tomatoes. People were complaining last year (which was supposed to be a bad growing season here) and I can see why if this is what they were used to.

I like it because it made me and DH try and cook a lot of things that are not normal for us. We did get a few things that we do not normally use, but that was the exception.

If we had time to get to a farmer's market, that would probably be better for us. But we don't, so this works for us.

mommyp
09-18-2010, 09:48 PM
We've been really pleased with ours (it was our first season). We get a large box every other week and it has plenty of greens and veggies and a little fruit. I don't normally have to pick up too many veggies when shopping any more, but I do supplement the fruit. We had sliced tomatoes with dinner tonight and they were amazing, so flavorful! They are also very responsive and provide a newsletter and recipe suggestions. It's year round here, so I think we'll keep it up and see what we'll start getting this fall.