PDA

View Full Version : What is your DC wearing for their school pictures?

alien_host
09-14-2010, 07:59 AM
If they are in the fall? I originally figured I'd have DD wear the same dress she wore for the first day of K, since that was just last week. But it's gotten very chilly here. I suppose I could send her to school with a sweatshirt or sweater and hope she remembers to take it off for the picture but I'm wondering if I should pick something more "fall like".

Do you do solid colors, patterns? Post links if you got them!

SnuggleBuggles
09-14-2010, 08:05 AM
I usually do a solid colored polo shirt or one with a stripe (more subtle stripe as they get older, bolder younger).

Beth

KrisM
09-14-2010, 08:10 AM
I usually let them pick, so that it's "them". So far, I haven't vetoed anything, but I would if it was bad. Last year, DD wore a long sleeve pink dress and DS1 wore a green striped shirt.

kristenk
09-14-2010, 09:22 AM
I was hoping that DD would wear what she did for the first day, but she changed her mind. She ended up wearing a solid colored shirt with her hair up in a pony tail. (The day before pictures was the first day she had her hair up in a pony for dance and she decided that she LOVED it, so she wanted it up in a pony for the picture, too!)

I think it's fun to have school pictures actually look how my child looks when she's at school.

fauve01
09-14-2010, 11:50 AM
I usually let them pick, so that it's "them".

:yeahthat: I have always let DD pick, and she always picks her favorite thing that she wears all the time. Now when i look back at the pics, they look so much like her! I love that. :cheerleader1:

anne + dd 10-03

ellies mom
09-14-2010, 11:57 AM
I haven't decided yet. Pictures are Monday. I've been so focused on getting her in for a haircut that I haven't put much thought into what she is going to wear. My big concern is that my husband is going to have to do her hair that day and he isn't always very good at it (hence the haircut to simplify the issue). He had to do it last year too and it came out so horrible, we had to do retakes. So of course this year, it falls on the one day neither I nor our babysitter can do it.