PDA

View Full Version : Booked our air reservations - WDW is really happening!

Momof3Labs
09-14-2010, 11:09 AM
I had held off booking flight reservations because so much stuff was up in the air around here - we've had a really, really tough year. But my mom just started radiation treatment and will be done by the end of October, so she really, really wants to do this trip with the kids. It will be DH and I, the four kids and my mom in two rooms at POFQ in early December. We got airfare on Southwest for about $200 a person (which I can live with, considering that there are 2 free bags per ticket). The room was 30% off with a PIN I got a while back. We have our give-a-day tickets for the 3 adults + DS1 that we can used towards our multi-day park tickets, saving us about $340. And DS2 is plenty tall to ride the 40" rides, and might even make the 44" by then. He is sooooo excited about Thunder Mountain Railroad!

Oh, and we made ADRs at 'Ohana for breakfast and Crystal Palace for lunch. Trying to get Garden Grill, but it is hard because it is only dinner and the tables are mostly for smaller parties. We don't plan to go overboard on TS meals - would rather spend our time having fun in the parks!

I'm still looking for a minivan rental, but I usually get it for $22-23/day and haven't seen that price yet. If we can't get the car rental cheap, we'll just do a grocery delivery so that we can feed everyone breakfast in the room.

The holidays are so crazy around here, but I love, love, love WDW in December. The cooler weather, the decorations, the lighter crowds. We haven't been there since October 2008 and we're all excited to go back!

TwinFoxes
09-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Yay, good for you! I've never done WDW in December, but I plan to. DL is really pretty during the holidays, I can imagine that WDW is amazing! :)

BabyMine
09-14-2010, 01:53 PM
YEAH!!!!! I love the weather around that time. We are going to be going in October and November. SIL is a biologist at the Living Seas.

klwa
09-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Garden Grill is a difficult one to get for early December right now. Partially because of the Candlelight Processional. A big chunk of the tables were reserved for CP, which reduces the # available for those trying to get just a regular reservation.

DebbieJ
09-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Awesome! It sounds like just what you guys need. So glad your mom can go with you!

egoldber
09-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Wonderful! That will be a very special trip. :)

billysmommy
09-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Yay :) Have a wonderful time!!!

bnme
09-14-2010, 07:37 PM
How exciting!
I'm sure it will be a trip with great memories for all. We always go to WDW with my parents and they treasure every second. Early Dec is our favorite time of the year to go. Every year I have to convince DH that 'no, this year we can't just up and go and throw it on the charge'. We went in Oct '09 and we are hoping to go again in Dec 2011.
Have a great trip!!

clc053103
09-14-2010, 07:49 PM
What a wonderful occasion to celebrate!!

For a rental, consider priceline's "name your own price" feature. used it to get a $9 a day full size in hawaii!

fivi2
09-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Sounds wonderful!

I think mousesavers sometimes has codes for rental cars.

Octobermommy
09-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Lori, pm me when you will be at epcot for Garden Grill. I have a reservation that I am going to cancel for 7.

alien_host
09-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Sounds like a wonderful vacation! Enjoy!