PDA

View Full Version : Are there FA issues with "Honest Kids" juice?

Fairy
09-14-2010, 09:20 PM
I can't find a thing on the box. Anything I need to avoid here?

DrSally
09-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Not that I know of.

SnuggleBuggles
09-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Can't think of any. But, have you tried it? My friend and I both struck out bringing it to 2 separate soccer teams. The kids thought it was gross. I tasted it and had to agree. I was expecting watered down juice but it wasn't. It was more like diluted tylenol or something. Give it a try in a small batch before buying a bunch.

Beth

DebbieJ
09-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Can't think of any. But, have you tried it? My friend and I both struck out bringing it to 2 separate soccer teams. The kids thought it was gross. I tasted it and had to agree. I was expecting watered down juice but it wasn't. It was more like diluted tylenol or something. Give it a try in a small batch before buying a bunch.

Beth

Agreed. I have half a case from Costco sitting in my fridge. My son won't touch it.

crl
09-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Well, at least one flavor has either strawberries or apple in it. DS is allergic to both so I had to nix it at the back to school picnic last weekend. It's kind of impossible to find anything that has zero food allergy issues. :(

Catherine

Fairy
09-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Really? My DS love it. Now, we still water down all juice except juice pouches and boxes (which are rare). So, maybe he's used to it? I dunno, he's ok with it! I'm not a fan of juice so I don't eally remember what it tastes like, I know I've had one, but must not have struck me. I'll taste another!

Well, thanks for the input!

DrSally
09-14-2010, 11:03 PM
My DS will drink it, but then he only gets juice boxes at the cabin, where SIL keeps some there, so it's basically a treat for him. He may drink them even if they tasted like cough syrup, LOL. I've never tried them myself.

lovebebes
09-14-2010, 11:53 PM
what does FA stand for?

Fairy
09-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Food Allergy.

AnnieW625
09-15-2010, 12:28 AM
It's not 100% juice so I won't buy it, bu tmy DD has drunk it at parties and had no issues with it. I would go with the Hansens variety pack from Costco. I honestly think that if there is a child at the party that cannot have juice the parent will instruct them that they can only have water. What about plain orange juice?

xmasbabycomin
09-15-2010, 12:46 AM
Agreed on the Honest Kids about the taste, although there is a certain flavor that is esp. nasty (can't remember offhand). Medicine-ee does sound kinda accurate.

Def. not a FA expert, but as far as single-servings, we love Fruitables. They're 2/3 fruit & veggie juice mix, the rest water and maybe citric acid and vitamins. It's less sugar than juice b/c of the water, they're getting veggies and my kids will drink it, whereas they won't drink HK. And no HFCS or artificial stuff like CapriSun. There are at least 3 flavors, so maybe there'd be something OK for FA. We get ours at Costco, but I think the dreaded WallyWorld has 'em.

egoldber
09-15-2010, 07:04 AM
I agree the couple times it has been at parties, neither of my kids would drink it. And my younger DD drinks any kind of juice.

ThreeofUs
09-15-2010, 09:30 AM
I loved it before they started adding so much darn sugar to it. Now it's a bit too sweet for my taste, but DS1 likes it.

Fairy
09-15-2010, 11:06 AM
What you people smokin'? DH and I just each had a pouch of the grape, and while we both agree it's not the best juice ever, it tastes perfectly fine to us. Now, we're not juice people in this house, and we water down everything, so maybe that has something to do with it. But I'm thinkin' that the kids at Kindy Enrichment today will be fine with it. We're bringing Oreos and the juice for DS's bday celebration at school. His Kindy doesn't allow any food, but the Private school does, very small list. Oreos aer on the list of acceptable FA foods, but no juice was on the list at all -- and the box had nothing, hence my question :-)

Thanks for the input!

ETA --> Ok, well, the aftertaste is a little wonky ... maybe ... yeah, ok.

xmasbabycomin
09-15-2010, 11:09 AM
I think the varieties def. vary as far as their % of medicine-ee taste :)

hellokitty
09-15-2010, 01:26 PM
My kids like it, and I think it tastes ok. No FA issues as far as I know, but I have a friend whose kids have had really bad reaction to capri-sun, so she refuses to buy it.

cindys
09-15-2010, 01:38 PM
My kids love the Berry Berry Good Lemonade...I think its yummy too!

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 4 & 23mos:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: