PDA

View Full Version : My twins just informed me that they want to start using the potty...

gatorsmom
09-14-2010, 09:46 PM
So, as I type, Greenbean is sitting on his potty, watching TV (he moved the potty over so he could watch TV), sitting there and drinking his bottle of milk. When I tried to get him back in his diaper, he said NO DIAPER and pulled his little pj bottoms up over his bare butt. Sisi seems to suddenly have some very stubborn ideas of how she is going to do this too.

All I keep thinking is that I really didn't plan on training both of them at the same time. But, I guess they aren't really asking me if they can potty train now. They are taking over the situation and telling me they it's happening NOW.

Should I be happy about this or really nervous? :o

KrisM
09-14-2010, 09:50 PM
I hope they do the really quick version for you!

hellokitty
09-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Lol, sweet! Maybe they will keep each other in check and it will be all over soon! Crossing my fingers for you .

hillview
09-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Good luck! DS2 is also a '07 baby and he recently PTed.
/hillary

HIU8
09-15-2010, 09:59 AM
I hope it happens quickly for you. DD, an 07 baby, She started pt at 16 months sitting on the potty in the AM and PM. I did not encourage PT with her at all until 24 months. She did it all on her own. By 2.5 she was totally trained no accidents. It was a loooooooong process.

lovebebes
09-15-2010, 11:16 AM
This is adorable. Id be happy.

there is a dvd that i loved and got for DD when I wanted to potty train her, its called Potty Power. Bought it on ebay for less than $10. It is SO cheesy with the songs and all but dd was completely obsessed with it and potty trained in no time. I did a lot of research on all of the potty training dvds and books and this particular one seemed to have the best feedback.

eta: i cant remember exactly how old DD was when she went completely diaper free but I think it was before she was 2.5 (incl. at night). I give all the credit to Potty Power.

fivi2
09-15-2010, 12:17 PM
My girls pt'd at the same time (of course, they do everything at the same time). The biggest issue for us is that we have one bathroom, but that probably isn't a problem for you!

It is also hard fitting all 3 of us in public restrooms and figuring out who goes first, etc, but I am sure you already have to deal with that with your other 2.

It really wasn't a problem doing it at the same time, though!

Good luck!

hellokitty
09-15-2010, 01:24 PM
This is adorable. Id be happy.

there is a dvd that i loved and got for DD when I wanted to potty train her, its called Potty Power. Bought it on ebay for less than $10. It is SO cheesy with the songs and all but dd was completely obsessed with it and potty trained in no time. I did a lot of research on all of the potty training dvds and books and this particular one seemed to have the best feedback.

eta: i cant remember exactly how old DD was when she went completely diaper free but I think it was before she was 2.5 (incl. at night). I give all the credit to Potty Power.

Potty Power was a huge hit in our household for DS1. Unfortunately, nothing motivated DS2 to PT except for insane jealousy that he wasn't going to go preschool too. I plan to use Potty Power for DS3 when the time comes.

lovebebes
09-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Potty Power was a huge hit in our household for DS1. Unfortunately, nothing motivated DS2 to PT except for insane jealousy that he wasn't going to go preschool too. I plan to use Potty Power for DS3 when the time comes.

ugh how bad is the end of that dvd? you know the one with the people dressed up? every time that part came on id want to run away.

soontobe
12-16-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm sorry, but that is the sweetest thing I ever heard! good luck!!!

ThreeofUs
12-16-2010, 10:32 PM
DS2 just spent some time training himself, and we did the week-to-month long naked potty training camp. He likes being naked, lol, so it's lasted longer than we'd like to admit. Just turn up the heat!

Potty Power, Once Upon a Potty, and Elmo's Potty videos are all real hits around here.

TwinFoxes
12-17-2010, 11:07 PM
ugh how bad is the end of that dvd? you know the one with the people dressed up? every time that part came on id want to run away.

Is this the one with the princess and the creepy jester?