PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi Kids Gear (Sausalito, CA)

aajamu
09-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Just wanted to update this thread since it has been awhile. There is an older Kiwi Kids thread from 2008, but since thread is over 800 days old, I wasn't allowed to add to it. So starting a new thread.

I had probably one of the worst customer service experiences in my life with this company (actually I believe the "company" is just one person, the owner, Rodney).

I ordered a diaper bag from them, a bag that was listed in stock. Only it was not in stock. After a few days went by and I didn't get any confirmation or shipping notice, I emailed them and they said it would arrive from manufacturer the next day and that they would send it the next day. Well, that didn't happen. They also didn't mail the day after that. So I emailed them the following Monday and they said they'd ship it out on Monday. They sent me a tracking notice BUT....the package did not ship. I had a tracking number, and almost a week passed and it never left the warehouse. I finally tried canceling the order since I wasn't getting any answers from them and the tracking still indicated that it had not entered the shipping process yet.

Of course, my cancellation request was ignored as well. They finally shipped it 4 days after generating a tracking number, 2 days after I requested they just cancel the order. They never acknowledged my cancellation request.

Here's the best part: the bag, when it arrived, looked like it had been handled AND was missing a part (the strap!!!). I emailed about the missing strap and handled bag (bag ripped open, zippers all undone, small scratch on bottom)and guess what?? No response. I emailed about the missing strap 12 days ago and not a single response.

They DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS. They RARELY ANSWER EMAILS (and if they do, it is before purchase). Many products listed in stock are not in stock. Tracking notices could possibly be generated a week before product actually ships. IF you get a faulty product, you cannot return it.

All I can say is buyer beware. They have an F rating with the Better Business Bureau (I filed a claim with them as well). Maybe at one point they had decent service, but lately they seem not to care one whim about any customer concerns.

TwoBees
09-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks for posting. Did you pay with a credit card? If so, you might want to dispute the chart with your credit card company.

aajamu
09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks for posting. Did you pay with a credit card? If so, you might want to dispute the chart with your credit card company.

Yes. I filed a claim with Citibank last Wednesday (the 15th). I got confirmation that Citibank is looking into the case, but no resolution yet. Not sure how long it takes to resolve these things since this is my first CC dispute with a company.

And of course, the company still hasn't responded to my inquiries about the missing strap, and it has been over 2 weeks now (nearly 3).

shaisri
12-15-2010, 10:03 PM
I ordered the JuJuBe diaper bag from KiwiKidsGear about 7 months ago, because they were $20 cheaper than all other stores. I had such a miserable time with them. I also received the tracking number but they never shipped my package. they wouldnt answer phone calls, no replies to emails. Finally after waiting 30 days, I complained to Paypal (thankfully I had paid through them). Paypal asked me to wait for 15 days after which they said they would reimburse me the money
exactly after 5 days of complaining, I recieved the diaper bag. it was in new condition but i swore off that website forever.

Thanks
shailaja

Mom to a 7 month old girl